Top tank Pinto/ Swinger

Eric Whatley /

Got this one no history but someone kitted, Ebrs and stuff. Just got this treat seat so I could get free shipping and mocked it up. I think I can get it lined up clean, do a full paint, go through and have something special. I know everyone is trying to make a magnum but what do you guys think of this?

16232082467975475179550650965434.jpg

Re: Top tank Pinto/ Swinger

Eric Whatley /
ffy1 OP

Better mock up.

16232114343486069611571682334972.jpg

Dig it. Does it make you happier than a magnum would? If so then go for it my guy.

That seat looks funny at that angle. You can flush it out more if you cut down the seat post clamp area. You can cut it down to 1 bolt or cut both clamp bolts off and make sure you secure it another way.

I had a seat post that was just a little too large for the clamp area so I cut off the clamp bolt section and pounded the post into the tube. It was stuck there forever. Just leave enough sticking up that you can clamp your seat to the post still. Should help flush that seat and not make it jacked up in the back.

Probably Fred /

Woof ! Man all them wires an crooked seat tank angle! I‘d put it back to looking mostly stock but that’s me

Eric Whatley /
ffy1 OP

There will be cutting, there will be bracketry. I will get the tank and seat aligned right. Full tear down and automotive paint. Thinking black and an off white to match the seat with red pinstriping maybe. Previous owner already molested it so not going stock here. It is/was a yellow Pinto maybe the chrome on top of the tank is still good under the shitty spray paint job? (edited)

Eric Whatley /
ffy1 OP

I think this is it.

20210609_170221.jpg

That looks a lot better already. Have fun with the rest of the paint and stuff. May want to consider a brace for those front forks too.

Stefan Josheski /

Reminds me of a dirt bike a lot, lol. What paint are you going for?

Dig it! Really clean line for not having any backbone!

Emil Kniemel /

I like that tank as a step thru tank (one of the better looking ones IMO).

Swap it out for a normal top tank if you have one?

I like it better with a gap between the seat n tank, looks too scrunched up.

Eric Whatley /
ffy1 OP

Swinger project getting close now.

16341739536977482305749138523526.jpg

daan SJAARLOOS /

Looks a lot better now the tank is white. Maybe match it a bit better with the seat color?

For some weird reason I think a high cross type front fender would look awesome on this plus an upswept pipe (is that English?)

Again, I really like the ✨a e s t h e t I c✨ the lack of backbone gives this.

Eric Whatley /
ffy1 OP

Was not satisfied with my tank color match to seat. Tweaked it a bit and reshot it. Happy now.

20211014_133444_remastered.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account