puch e50 70cc

Stefan Josheski /

Hello everyone! I have been thinking about tuning my rog pony express, now it uses a stock e50 with a 14mm carb. Gear ratio is 16/45. I don't need a lot of top speed, that's why I was planing on putting a smaller gear on the front, probably something like a 15 to start (don't want to lose a ton of top speed). Torque is the thing I want to concentrate. I was thinking that a 65cc kit with a reed valve and 2 o rings will give me the torque I need and some speed gains, but finding such kit is very hard. So, now I think of going 70cc with the athena ajh kit, has anyone used it or have any recommendations on a 65cc kit with reed valve and 2 piston o rings? Thanks in advance. (I happen to live in society where a lot of kids have some aprilia scooters and show off, would be nice to be able to smoke them and show who's the real boss lol).

Pic of my puch:

puch pony express.jpg

Re: puch e50 70cc

The polini 65cc kit is needed. Not sure how many rings the piston uses tho. You only need one tho. Those kits have a good low end and top end. Might not need to adjust your gearing with that kit.

Re: puch e50 70cc

Stefan Josheski /

The polini reed kit uses a single o ring from what I have checked. I wanted it to have 2 so I can have more torque (If it works like that). I could also put a metrakit 65cc piston to have 2 o rings if needed (it seems to be the only one that is 43.5mm and with 2 o rings)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account