Re: New candy for your e50

To keep heat out of the bell one could do something like this too,

Or put slots in the pads like brake shoes.

Screenshot_20210917-114951_Chrome.jpg

Yeah it's probably a matter of not enough oil more than too much oil, gotta remember the oil is being slung off with centrifugal force like crazy, it hugs the outside of the trans in general

Graham, you holding out on rad tech on me? All of the moped gp was full of rad stuff and I didn't talk to enough people about all of it.

Rare tech

Such drilled bell should be polished inside like hell and care sholud take to angle position or otherwise will act like a grater to friction material.

This ktm bell is also a very interesting design tho not really for diy

20210918_115104.jpg

Paper type material like that on HK shoes are available in both type, with grip patter (slots) and flat surface, i try both and there was not any visible difference in any way nor is any difference mentioned in factory datas

Yeah all that stuff looks great and maybe it works but at the end of the day if your ground speed is over about 5 mph, there is no oil on you clutch bell at all, the inside of your trans looks like a blender, everything gets thrown to the outside.

The challenge is going to be how do you keep it cool with any bike that doesn't grab the clutch until 15-20 mph, that's where you dissipate the most heat and have zero oil touching the bell. That's where some of that crazy Wayne sulphur tech might help but there are other tricks that I'm looking into.

^^^^truth and thank you! Every time I tell myself I need to stop messing with “fastish” e50s they keep pulling me back in. Something about leading a city ride being the only moped among motorcycles and hear the big bikes shift a few times to keep up with you is about as good as it gets to me. Some new guy will always say something to the extent….” Damn that thing is fast. I was worried at first when I saw you were leading the ride, but then I realized how fast it is. How many gears does it have? 4? “. I laugh and say one ☝️.

Thanks to everyone keeping the dream of a long lasting single speed clutch alive!

I may look into trying some kind of oil cooler with a pump on my mag x. The heat fade is really noticeable after about 5 miles. When the oil is cool it takes off like a rocket. But once it is up to operating temp launch is okay.

The cooler ring just needs longer clutch cover bolts and it should be a direct bolt up. You need another gasket too. Gotta use a pullstart for it though, or one of the fancy starters. It let's you run a few more Oz of oil or whatever as well, like a pretty decent amount. I've seen some of the more intense euro racers rocking them on their bikes

> capo_dei_ bois wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The cooler ring just needs longer clutch cover bolts and it should be a

> direct bolt up. You need another gasket too. Gotta use a pullstart for

> it though, or one of the fancy starters. It let's you run a few more Oz

> of oil or whatever as well, like a pretty decent amount. I've seen some

> of the more intense euro racers rocking them on their bikes

Who sells the cooler ring?

Found it,

https://puch-teile.de/shop/product/839-puch-maxi-%C3%B6lk%C3%BChler-alu/ (edited)

Stefan Josheski /

Looks steep at 140...

> Stefan Josheski wrote:

> Looks steep at 140...

🤣 👌🏻. Try destroying half a dozen stock clutches if you can find them at a minimum of 60$ a pop. If you like good take off and not destroying clutches ever 100mi CLAW is for you.

How's this clutch compared to the KTM sx50 clutch by mbr? I saw a video of someone ripping a e50 dirtped up some actual hills rocking that clutch and it seemed to be doing the thing just fine. I mean it was maybe case inducted, and was set up like a euro dirtped would be, but it was going up a decent hill pretty well for not having much of a start before hitting the grade

Eric who posted above says it's better about 10 pages back

Man the KTM was a huge bummer for me. Some people have had success with it. Todd has posted several times about his setup working well. It did not work for me. First time I was stoked. Seemed like it was everything I wanted. Rode it about 3 blocks and zink…..not enough material to grab anymore. So I decided to ditch the washer stack, use real ktm spring and try it with a different clutch. Same thing. Those were two of the clone Chinese ones. So I decided to buy a real KTM…..that was promising for about 20mi then I wore the shoes out about 1/2 mile from my house and had to walk. Pulled specs from a dirt bike forum and it seemed to out of tolerance, but the segments could be spaced to grab again. So I spaced them to specs…..but now the problem was the bell was ovalized from the heat…..so I gave up. I just feel strongly that these shoes are a huge reward for minimal effort and about 1/2 the price of the HK clutch I have. Which weights as much as a brick. I’m thinking about setting up a 2 shoe version in my other bike to help with weight factor. Then may go drag racing in FLA🤣

Did you try the real KTM clutch with the special sized clutch bell for a KTM clutch or did you just run it with a normal puch clutch bell? I'm not sure what the spec difference between the two is though

Yes. I used the correct bell. However if you dig up some research on it you can use a V1 clutch bell also. At this point do the amount of work if you do it yourself or the pice for a bolt and go KTM……..

CLAW > Everything Else

Approx. 600 miles

On OG 2 shoe base (edited)

20211001_084836.jpg
20211001_084818.jpg

So is this actual clutch bolt and go on an e50? (The clutch originally mentioned/pictured at the beginning of this thread) (edited)

Lee did the post pull through? I feel like some are pressed in. I have had that happen too….well one like that and another that loosened the post so it spins. I now have a friend tig the post spot on the back side. But that is KS clutches so no starting material.

This can not be seen often, post pulled out like that. Is that aftermarket base? There is a lot of old bases without braces where post are bended few mm but nothing like that, you really do not have luck with it

What cylinder you run?

This happen to mine friend who race with powerful engine but base post and friction material still there

20211002_142217.jpg

> Thomas Peffer wrote:

> So is this actual clutch bolt and go on an e50? (The clutch originally

> mentioned/pictured at the beginning of this thread)

Yes thats best of it, you can just take this shoes and put them in your clutch. Or springs, brace, everything interchangable, everything goes onto same base plate as oem

Its plug&play as much as factory one, use same base plate and a clutch bell

> EH FCC of the QCB wrote:

> Lee did the post pull through? I feel like some are pressed in. I have

> had that happen too….well one like that and another that loosened the

> post so it spins. I now have a friend tig the post spot on the back

> side. But that is KS clutches so no starting material.

Good to know, I think I'll have the other 2 shoe base I have welded at the posts.

It looks like these posts are pressed in.

It didn't pull through just sheared at the base!

Pavo, im running a stock 50cc A55 cylinder that I ported a bit.

Also I think these metal pieces are from the clutch pads?? I should throw a magnet pickup in there...

20211001_162132.jpg
20211001_171157.jpg

What friction material you have on shoes, a woven aramid (kevlar) ? Main model? Then there is a brass wire in it, that is only metal in and it is there to strengthen it and also to help take out a heat from friction surface

> Pavo Z wrote:

> What friction material you have on shoes, a woven aramid (kevlar) ?

> Main model? Then there is a brass wire in it, that is only metal in and

> it is there to strengthen it and also to help take out a heat from

> friction surface

The woven Kevlar ones, on second thought those are probably from the clutch post breaking (duh).

So post actually brake in half at bottom?, hm, is that powder form of metal?, thats way many leftovers after crack? hard to tell from picture but there was some defection or crack in material, or its made with that powder casting what is extremly weak, otherwise no way that 10 mm bolt would brake like that.

Brace or screw in it is many times weaker and if you even can provide enough force to brake it, it will brake there first

Alex Fredericksen /

Yo. So I got in an accident recently and am going to have some extra cash to fix up my bike. This thread has been awesome and I want to get some next level go fast parts. Already have a cart full of goodies. This clutch cover/cooler posted earlier looks rad, but they don't ship to USA.

https://puch-teile.de/shop/product/839-puch-maxi-%C3%B6lk%C3%BChler-alu/

Any Euro dudes want to help me aquire one? Shop ships to you, you ship to me?

PM me if interested. I like weird stuff, let's check this thing out.

Mine should be out in a matter of weeks. I have prototypes that are looking good just working through production issues at this point.

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> Mine should be out in a matter of weeks. I have prototypes that are

> looking good just working through production issues at this point.

Weeks! 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account