Re: New candy for your e50

Damn those are light, I remember drilling some shoes and I fuckin' swin cheezed that shit and it was still over 60g

Damn those are light, I remember drilling some shoes and I fuckin' swiss cheezed that shit and it was still over 60g

That's one sharp looking Pinto2. Silver with the snowflakes... oh yeah.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn those are light, I remember drilling some shoes and I fuckin' swiss

> cheezed that shit and it was still over 60g

Yea prior to these I had ~75g arms in my two shoe. I was kinda blown away when I saw what these were.

> EH FCC of the QCB Wrote:

> >

> It’s about to go down. These look awesome about to see how they do. I

> need to get some countersunk screws. I just realized I only have one

> left. That won’t help anyone.

You did not get 3 countersunks screws in package? Im sorry maybe customs or post lost it while checking the package. I ususlly put brass ones in envelope but i can send you new ones again on mine cost, no problem

Im sorry guys i was very busy lately and did not have time to come on forum. Soon there will be Usa retailer of this clutches, so spares and everything will be faster to get. In like a month or so there will be a 2-shoe braces as well as new 3-shoes. There will be a non drill n tap models too so much easier instalation for many

Right now im in process of testing different spring materials to see wich one work best in our working conditions, i have almost every possible kind, music wire, stainless, chrome vanadium, silicone.. It takes some time because aim is to have best quality while keeping prices low as posdible.

There will be few different ones, with lowest setting at: 3500rpms, 6000rpms and 8000rpms..

Feel free to tell me if you have different suggestions at rpms.

- speaking of weight, a 3mm model kevlar are little heavier, about 65gr, they will be used for 2-shoe model probably

This is also one of material what will come on future models. Sheeted kevlar like Hk(both show on picture), but brown one is a high friction version of it

20210604_135705.jpg

Jay Rivett /

Yes on the 65g 2 shoe arms with a brace!

So with the pads being 5mm? Thick vs 3mm tuning them in on the 2 shoe was trickier than I expected.

I got about ~60lbs on the arms and am engaging around 6K I'd say.

Now to put on some miles!!

IMG_20210604_131532_1.jpg

will an e50 ever be as quick as a tomos?

WE WAIT AND WATCH WITH BATED BREATH!

Honestly Rigsby my mag x takes off faster right now then my hobbit. Like no joke. I need to make a vid. My hobbit has all the hot boy shit too. Modified rear pulley, fancy clutch bell red springs, TJT, 1800 belt yada yada yada. I set my clutch to hit with the pipe and it is nuts. Never had have ridden a single speed like this. Closest was a e50 70 kit stock gearing with PAZ springs back in the day. (edited)

> L e e Wrote:

> So with the pads being 5mm? Thick vs 3mm tuning them in on the 2 shoe

> was trickier than I expected.

>

> I got about ~60lbs on the arms and am engaging around 6K I'd say.

>

> Now to put on some miles!!

Are you running an a55 top end with a reed adapter on that?

> Chris Straub Wrote:

> > L e e Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > So with the pads being 5mm? Thick vs 3mm tuning them in on the 2 shoe

>

> > was trickier than I expected.

>

> >

>

> > I got about ~60lbs on the arms and am engaging around 6K I'd say.

>

> >

>

> > Now to put on some miles!!

>

> Are you running an a55 top end with a reed adapter on that?

Hell yea, gotta get my 50/50 on a stock cylinder somehow. (edited)

> Honestly Rigsby my mag x takes off faster right now then my hobbit.

> Like no joke. I need to make a vid. My hobbit has all the hot boy shit

> too. Modified rear pulley, fancy clutch bell red springs, TJT, 1800 belt

> yada yada yada. I set my clutch to hit with the pipe and it is nuts.

> Never had have ridden a single speed like this. Closest was a e50 70

> kit stock gearing with PAZ springs back in the day.

that rocks! i’ve seen what the tomar clutch can do & it’s pretty impressive. i’ve also seen what a good tuned up 2 shoe can do with a 15 bing, polini, proma setup & was always impressed by that.

i’ll definitely be buying a set of each shoes that are getting made. i’ve been fooling around with a stock maxi e50/boss pipe setup & trying to get it to take off as far as a tomos has been a fun/hard time. & maybe my high revving e50 AJH hotboy dreams aren’t over yet...

+\- 100 mi updated. Tons of hot laps around the neighborhood and several tanks of gas later. Shit was ripping good. Then I started to notice I was no launching any better then my friends 70cc PP Athena with a 15:15. I was like ugh here we go. Then on my ride home the bike started to chug like the clutch was not engaging…as most of my bikes have done when I blew a clutch. So I get home and cut it off then I started to push it to the shed. I heard a pop. Then rolled smooth. I was like huh 🤔. I bet it is fucked. Hope I do t have to rebuild again…. So in the morning I pull the clutch and it looks perfect 🤩 well I’m back to being stoked.

28CC5D28-1A1B-4F3C-A8BB-4305EE5A66B3.jpeg

Figured I would make some

Spring adjustments while I was in there. I said fuck it I’m going to throw a set of DOS springs in there and see how it does.

E2743450-93B6-4550-BEDA-5688A3C66F22.jpeg

. I get it all buttoned up and fire it up. Shit fucking takes off even better than before…..and then in about a block I get the death wobble in the rear wheel and hear a bunch of popping. Turns out my issue was just blown wheel bearings! Time for a new rear wheel. Bearing cups are loose AF and can’t keep the bearing in place anymore. I did build this bike originally on 2012.

CB10C426-5EEB-4C68-8676-9E448BF6EDB0.jpeg

. It is the only TOMos part I own 🤣. I’ll pop a fresh wheel on and report back once it I back up and running.

https://www.doscycles.com/collections/all-items/products/puch-e50-c-l-a-w-5mm-race-clutch-shoes-3-shoe

DOS makes easy so you can play at home too!

You can be just like this guy…

Rad. What type of oil are y’all using with these?

FDB8A145-74E8-45E9-9519-D17821903C52.jpeg

3B302922-17F2-4BEA-92BF-EBF4A564C3EB.jpeg

I run 0W20 seems to work fine.

I've done similar mileage on my 2 shoe and it looks like there has been almost no wear.

the specs look premium, very nice

Lee what springs did you end up using?

> Lee what springs did you end up using?

Kickstart springs!

> L e e Wrote:

> > EH FCC of the QCB Wrote:

>

>

> > Lee what springs did you end up using?

>

> Kickstart springs!

Right on! The DOS ones are a lil Thicer then those so we are basically in the same wheel house! So glad you getting the same results I am. Never though I would be so stoked on an e50 again 🤘🏻🤣

39605F73-4876-4388-AE93-E1E2914A22C0.jpeg

. Mine are just not painted the fancy blue like on the website. Yes I have an e50 clutch parts addiction…… (edited)

I think it was supposed to be +10%, I always wanted to see the high speed camera on a lathe check

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I think it was supposed to be +10%, I always wanted to see the high

> speed camera on a lathe check

Who was doing that? I remember the vid somewhere…..my brain upsets me

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

>

> > I think it was supposed to be +10%, I always wanted to see the high

>

> > speed camera on a lathe check

>

> Who was doing that? I remember the vid somewhere…..my brain upsets me

Clutch tuning wiki under “setting up the clutch” there are still pics of the process.

Sweet I knew I wasn’t crazy.

New springs, will be on market soon, future models clutch will also come with this ones in future.

They are made from high quality alloy steel, 67SiCr5, with heat resistant paint (edited)

20210726_121917.jpg

im working on wearing out my 2nd set of treatmetric clutch shoes. nice to see other's experiences with these.

I've been using these shoes on a stock maxi with a boss pipe and 15mm bing.

It's great!

I've had engagement with the stock springs at like 3000-3750 rpms, the strong springs got me 3750 - 4500 rpms and now the super strong springs have me engaging up around 4750 rpms. I'll make another adjustment today and try to get engagement up to 5000-5500 rpms but takeoff is super smooth and peppy right now.

I'd be very interested in trying out those new springs though!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account