New candy for your e50

Re: New candy for your e50

€199.00 = $241.39

I don't have that much money .

That's more than I have into my FA50 . Even after about 11 years .

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

The HK race clutch they have is fire. Worth every penny. I wonder how this compares. Looks promising.

It is getting harder and harder to find “stock” e50 clutches.

Edit woops I though this was Puch Shope. This does look cool tho. I got excited seeing another e50 clutch option. +beer (edited)

Totally normal JBOT /

Don’t get it too hot or you’ll heat check the Kevlar then it burns. Worst smell ever, burning Kevlar in an oil soup

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

It does stink , Iroasted a set of Kevlar pads barf....

But worse than that was an e50 trans that I did a rebuild on for a friend that had someone reline them in real leather. I don’t know what that dude was thinking. That smelled like blended possum sitting in the sun for a week. I honestly thought I was going to throw up. Definitely gaged a bunch.

I work on part of that clutch and do friction materials.

It true about smell, its very hard to work with such woven aramid, cutting and grinding is made with thin diamond tools but still very hard to do it, time consuming with a lot of nasty and dangerous dust(using mask with two layers of >95% filters). But in the end, its worth to do it, properties of matetials are, very good friction with long lifespan

If you compare it to HK kevlar, well, our cheaper model use such similar sheeted kevlar material, just thicker and 50% longer lifespan 👍

Screenshot_20210425-140429.jpg

Jay Rivett /

Pavo! Thank you for dropping into the conversation and thank you for making some awesome parts!

No problem, i found this forum very informative and get answers whenever i need so im trying to help too if can with someting.

There is many types of kevlar materials, i have four here, in three different form too, rubberized, woven and sheet. All have their advantages and dissadvantages

Kevlar(aramid) is just one of fibres used, it does not have anything with friction properties and it use is only for material strenght and wear resistance

Right now we start out with two models for sale but soon there will be few more, not all with kevlar fibers either

There was some complains about hk that is slip too much, especialy in racing and high rpms engines, so soon there will be similar model but with much stronger grip, etc

Bought some for my 2 shoe, interested to see how it does!

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Pavo which ones do you recommend for street use with decent longevity? In a bike with decent power. I was just taking the other day how there are no real options for replace the pads.

Any of friction materials what will be in offer will suit regular street drive and last long time, difference would be in clutch 'feel' and what someone prefer. Until now only tuning option was spring strength, now you can also pick materials with different grip.

Pads surface are pretty massive, overbuild, in thickness 3 to 5 mm, so any of them will last you a very long time. But i would pick a main model, that one from link, Aramid HF (high friction kevlar), it offer you best of both worlds, strong friction combined long lifespan

this is great. i absolutely love the variety of pad materials for different applications.

i’m gonna try a jammer on my maxi w boss pipe as well as the new eso springs & see how i like it, but i 100% would love to try one of these out

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Thank you Pavo for your response. This is pretty awesome and I am excited to try these out.

Blake Totally a real doctor /

Dos is bringing a case of these stateside with spare parts. We are very excited to be working with Pavle to make these available here.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

^^^^This is awesome! I will have a set by the end of the month. I will document this bad boy. Super excited to try it out!

I remember when I got the uber clutch for my sachs. it was $300, and all the puch lovers like "dumb sachs, so crappy you have to pay $300 just for a decent clutch"

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /
C1D42142-3C73-4C90-9335-CDD48AEDE75C.jpeg
C5030474-3F8E-4A87-9F7E-61E40D737948.jpeg
0069B2F3-F4BA-4DB7-90AC-F38FAAB9CE02.jpeg

It’s about to go down. These look awesome about to see how they do. I need to get some countersunk screws. I just realized I only have one left. That won’t help anyone.

So wait, it’s $300 and just replacement shoes and a brace to go on your stock clutch?!

> Buttcheeks BUZZARD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So wait, it’s $300 and just replacement shoes and a brace to go on your

> stock clutch?!

Looks like you get new springs , too . LOL

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

> Buttcheeks BUZZARD Wrote:

> So wait, it’s $300 and just replacement shoes and a brace to go on your

> stock clutch?!

No dude I just wanted replacement pads, brace and springs. Then chose my own adventure. Springs are not even close to stock. Seems like they should be awesome with the super light shoes. I was mid clutch change when I had to take care of something else....I should be done tonight or tomorrow if I get some time.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /
0F56DD81-E0DA-472B-AFC6-909381811997.jpeg
96B2659A-4EBF-4118-9280-8A84FD64D6E8.jpeg

I wanted to compare weight when I did all this too.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /
35EFCE8F-5792-4AA7-8B19-8D2CB56A63EB.jpeg
7A4B29FB-DF6F-4674-BB3F-D1B46152E474.jpeg
9251B0DB-D288-47A1-BDFC-91B069A594A7.jpeg

That is as far as I got.

Jay Rivett /

I need this in a two shoe version. Or I'll just have to buy their whole setup. Super cool that it just bolts up to a stock 3 shoe clutch plate.

Blake Totally a real doctor /

I have a big box of these incoming. We will be selling them by twos and threes.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /
612FE6E4-0EFF-4620-BE4F-03D44A190BD1.jpeg

I’m going to be real transparent about all this. I don’t know Pavle. Super nice guy to talk to and he is very confident in his product and based on the quality of everything I can’t blame him. I went close to his recommendations on initial setup. With the shoes being so light and using his springs he recommended going flush at first. I went close to that. 1/2 turn from flush. I put the clutch in and everything seemed fine. But I did not spin the bell all the way around. It seems one of the pads was just a touch higher then the plate. About one min with a file and it was fine. So no biggie.

As a connoisseur of destroying e50 clutches(tried them all except the Tomar that I never got machined to work) I am shocked by the initial performance of this. It rips hard off the line. I would say hands down initial performance is better then my HK clutch. The setup on this bike Polini, PHBG21, cranks intake, Malossi 4 petal, HPI mini rotor and Estoril pipe. BIgEsT question now is longevity. I’m excited to rip this thing and see how it holds up. The launch is night and day compared to the braced 3 shoe with the DOS heavy springs turned two turns from flush. I use to think that was great. I liked that 3 shoe clutch better then the jammer. But this does not even compare.

D7A68E13-6DC1-4CBB-9924-D6261E4F9E48.jpeg

(edited)

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Make one for the Minarelli V1

Jay Rivett /

Are the arms on the 2 shoe and 3 shoe the same size? I guess I assumed they would be a different size and even shape.

Will there be a brace available for the two shoe setup as well?

e50 shoes are the same for 2 or 3 shoe. The MLM brace currently on treats works for 2 or 3 shoe as well.

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> e50 shoes are the same for 2 or 3 shoe. The MLM brace currently on

> treats works for 2 or 3 shoe as well.

Indeed!

So I got two different sets of springs, interestingly they are different lengths than the regular ol blue springs.

Clutch tuning is in my future...

IMG_20210525_150048.jpg
IMG_20210524_085644.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account