Just curious...What is your MPG after mods

Matt Grantonic /

My Urban with a DR, Next Level pipe, VM18 carb which is tuned pretty close to perfect gets 50-55 MPG. How bout you?

Re: Just curious...What is your MPG after mods

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Tomos a35 Airsal 44mm reed.

Modded oem carb to approximately 15.14. 74 jet

open modded sideshot to 14.6mm dual stage boysen reed. Techno sidebleed. 26 x26 EST. 65 mpg.

Stock Batavus 100 mpg.

Stock Sachs 505 1a 115 mpg

Totally normal JBOT /

Hobbit

very ported dr

24mm oko 40mpg

3 gallon tank

♣Slew Foot♣ /

94 dynaglide 32mpg.

Will... You are rapidly getting into 2 cyl. 4t Motorcycle mileage...

Honestly on kited bike I am looking for a gas station after about 25 miles of city riding. Heavy throttle from stop light to stop light burns some gas.

My stock modded maxi with bored out bing (15mm) did 36 mph, bombed hills to 45 mph, all day and still got 100+ mpg.

I think the key to keeping good gas mileage is running the smallest carb that will give you the performance you want. If you want max top speed and acceleration, I guess you get minimum fuel economy.

Why do you ask?

Ported to hell Eurokit, VM22, Estoril did about 33ish mpg. give or take a couple of miles.

Ride pretty much with throttle whacked open from stop light to stop light.

Matt Grantonic /

I didn't expect such a loss, glad the Urbans have a fairly large tank....1 gallon. The reserve yields about 7 miles! Best look for more right away!

When I was 40 years younger and weighed 140 pounds I remember checking on my Motron and had gone 100 miles on a tank and had not ran out of gas.

At 180 pounds with a stock bike and mild porting, I tan out of gas at about 65 miles.

This is assuming that the tank holds a gallon.

I used unleaded gas and any old 2 cycle oil back then, and this was last fall with ethanol free gas and Red Line 2 cycle oil with different clutch springs.

my modded stock tomos A55 builds (40-45 mph top speed in commute to work through suburbs) would average over 100mpg, yeah, i calculated it by measuring gas used over miles)

My kitted E50 might be half that. its probably better now that the clutch slips less but i also spend alotta time climbing hills.

i use ethanol free gas and synthetic 2-stroke oil because i dont ride that much (ethanol absorbs lots of water into solution) and i run a ratio of about 70:1 mix gas (new fancy oil lets ya do that). Whether or not ethanol free helps MPGs is highly debatable and greatly depends on your situation.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account