NC50 Low End

Can someone recommend me a good setup for low end power on my NC50? I'm going to have to rebuild/kit it this winter so I wanted input on a cylinder and pipe combo. Right now I have a VM18 and modified Jammy. I have a circuit pipe that I could make fit too. I don't care about top speed as I won't really need to go over 30mph. Mostly I'm concerned with take-off and low speed acceleration.

Would keeping the stock cylinder be beneficial since most kits are optimized for higher RPM power? Maybe stock cyl with an overbore? Stocko-shocko kit from treats?

I don't know enough about cylinders and porting to make an informed decision on my own

I'm confident in my ability to weld too if there's anything I can do with the clutch to help down low. However I don't want to pay through nose for machine work if I don't have to

Re: NC50 Low End

Jack Rutherford /

Proma circuit pipe if you are willing to mod it to fit.

Search on here for clutch mods as well. Someone welded the gear to a different clutch. Or you can remove material from the stock clutch.

What's your compression? You can bump the compression to help with low end.

two speed or 1 speed? (edited)

Fitting a circuit pipe shouldn't be a problem. I'll look into the clutch mods too. I think I have a spare that I can experiment with.

I don't know about the compression. Need to put a tester on it I guess? Is there a good head to adapt to bump up compression or is it better to mod the stock head? Pretty sure I have an exrtra Hobbit head somewhere

The bike is a 1 speed

Jack Rutherford /

This would be a good head to keep temps down (and much better than the stock head). You can sand down any head to bump up compression.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account