Nc50 cdi on a pa50?

Daniel Wiggins /

Anybody try this?

Just messing around yesterday and it bolts right on. Taper on the rotors look to be the same.

20210207_224130.jpg

Re: Nc50 cdi on a pa50?

I would be surprised if it didn't work

Yeah I can't imagine why it wouldn't. Flywheel the same diameter on the express?

Daniel Wiggins /

Same. I have searched and couldn't find any info on this. It seems unlikely I'm the first to try this though so I really don't know.

I will know for certain soon when I get the engine back together and can fit everything and see.

I'm sure I'll have to run it off key. I think the engine rotation might be different also, I need to check that. I don't see that making a difference on a 2T engine though as long as its timed properly.

Daniel Wiggins /

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah I can't imagine why it wouldn't. Flywheel the same diameter on the

> express?

Pa50 on left, nc50 on right

20210208_090312.jpg

If your tapers clean and goodly you shouldn't need the key. Basically never ran them on my mobys...or was it vespas? Maybe both!lol

Regardless if the flywheel taper and crank taper are in good shape you'll be ok methinks. I'd be surprised if the key is in the same place for both bikes.

Wait, diddnt a guy use electric start express case halves and crank to make an electric start hobbitt here a few wears ago? Or was the starter gear on the variator side.... huh

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If your tapers clean and goodly you shouldn't need the key. Basically

> never ran them on my mobys...or was it vespas? Maybe both!lol

>

> Regardless if the flywheel taper and crank taper are in good shape

> you'll be ok methinks. I'd be surprised if the key is in the same place

> for both bikes.

>

> Wait, diddnt a guy use electric start express case halves and crank to

> make an electric start hobbitt here a few wears ago? Or was the starter

> gear on the variator side.... huh

People do use electric start express right side cases to do that, good point. So this almost definitely works.

Daniel Wiggins /

I didn't even think about the Nu50s.

So the right side cases bolt to the hobbits left?

I might have to look for a nu50 now. Sucks that I wouldnt be able to use my brand new stuffy hobbit crank though.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account