Minarelli build input

Skip Allen /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I’ve never had an engine apart before, but I figure it’s time. I bought a motron and finally got it running and rolling (bad wheel bearing when I got it). The weather sucks and will suck for awhile, I told my son these peds would be our projects....so what the hell, let’s open ‘er up.

End goal isn’t for top speed, we’ll be riding gravel roads about 95% of the time. But I’d like to be able to easily maintain 35-ish MPH on level ground. The roads are hilly, not mountains, but hills none the less...I want this to pull hills without issue.

I’m looking for some insight on how far, how much I’ll need to do. Is a simple carb/intake/exhaust enough for what I want, or should I be looking for a kit?

Also, the wiki page on disassembly/reassembly on this engine has links to the minarelli shop manual...neither link works. Is there another web source?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account