V1 pipe comparison and suggestions?

So I'm building a v1 trike with polini and sha 15. I have a few pipe options but want some info/criticism what ever? I have three pipes at the moment. I have a little baby proma v1 pipe and will probably wont use but may work well but I'm not sure? Never used it on a kitted bike? I have mlm pipe that I'm not sure what model it is but looks like people? I also have my home built pipe that was based on the puch proma warrior. Has alot shorter header and starts to cone almost immediately. Built it but never tested it fully but seems to rip pretty good. Almost like a estroil. What ate predictions for said pipes? What would be best for the trike? I realy just want some fast torque and not worried about top end. I will have to mod each pipe to fit under the trike so if I got to do some header lengthening or shortening I can do what ever. Give me some ideas?

20210108_225146.jpg
20210108_225216.jpg

Re: V1 pipe comparison and suggestions?

The home built pipe seems to take off realy nice. Never used the mlm pipe. Chamber is pretty small.

I haven't tried the baby proma, but it probably works like the regular one, just less top end.

A circuit pipe might be the way to go on your trike, because all their power is low and mid-range.

The take off speed on the regular proma just launches you as soon as you get rolling a little.

I agree with the circuit pipe for your trike. You dont want to hit the speeds on the trike that your pipe would start flattening out at. But will be really nice on that low end for ya. Or maybe modify one of your existing pipes to a side bleed.

I have a proma circuit on my garelli polini and it is great. Just tops out right around 40 with my current gearing. (edited)

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I agree with the circuit pipe for your trike. You dont want to hit the

> speeds on the trike that your pipe would start flattening out at. But

> will be really nice on that low end for ya. Or maybe modify one of your

> existing pipes to a side bleed.

>

> I have a proma circuit on my garelli polini and it is great. Just tops

> out right around 40 with my current gearing.

Yeah dont realy want to buy another pipe. I had a mamba circuit pipe but sold. I don't like the tinny sound you get from them. Mabye I will sell the mlm pipe and buy a circuit?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Can also just gear ludicrously low and rev it high and go like 30

> 🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Can also just gear ludicrously low and rev it high and go like 30

Yeah it's been a minute since I have tuned a bike. V1 can be bitch as the gearing can realy affect the way the pipe runs. I would change the gearing constantly depending on the ride. If I wanted to blast I would run a front 12. I could drop to a 10 if I wanted to kill hills. I also would also change rear to get the pipe to hit just perfect. I got a 42 for the rear and have 10-12 front to play with. My motron with home made pipe was pretty fast with 12/34 (15 sha) Never really got to fully test it but it was in the high 40's. Shit a polini kitted v1 with stock carb and pipe will do 40 with a little gearing.

16102581675145089718122364113843.jpg

I dont blame you not wanting to buy another pipe. But I bet you could trade pipes with someone. I'd trade a garelli GP1 circuit pipe for your MLM. The garelli has the same angle port as a puch angle port, not sure how that matches up to a minarelli.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

FWIW I have great all around success with a YZ80 pipe modified to fit the polini

It's got a powerband that just won't quit even at 10x33 gearing

Got any pics?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /
IMG3597865427067497022.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account