Vespa Ciaos intake drilling

Chris Carleton /

Thinking this is a Euro block? Came off a Boxer. Good candidate for drilling?

PXL_20210102_214113252.jpg

Re: Vespa Ciaos intake drilling

Some of the cases Euro or US spec came with these super restricted intakes. You need to drill the intake and then carefully file/dremel the intake patch.

I just opened up a set of cases like this, they take slightly more work to get them right.

Ya, follow the directions in the Wikki. I like to put tape on the drill bit to set the depth, so I don’t go too deep and blow a hole in the divot on the stator side. I was shocked at how easy that is to do.

2FE165B7-4F31-4E07-AF06-52C1379A05D0.jpeg

Also hose clap on the intake. To help it from breaking. There is good info in the Wikki.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I was trying to find the photo I had of the unrestricted intake patch, but yeah, you have the smol one.

The factory large patch is rectangular, matching the exterior, with a 1.5mm~ long-side edge, and 2.5~mm on the ends.

893BDF46-71C8-4CC8-BC6B-680C756DB8A7.jpeg

Here is what the unrestricted one looks like.

IMG_0705.JPG

This is the tiniest I have seen. Cases also were apparently preyed apart with a screw driver.

Whoa and whoa!!!! What size is the opening? 6mm?

There were a bunch of models with 7mm carbs in both the US and abroad; that's what I'd guess.

https://myronsmopeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Info-Vespa-7.jpg

That would make sense Brian. Thanks.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account