Benelli G2 50cc kit base tune

Edward Garvine /

Hey guys I just pulled the ped out of the basement after a couple of years, it’s a Benelli G2. I have the Malossi 50cc reed valve kit, MLM peoples pipe, Puch 3 shoe clutch, 19mm PHBG and I’m waiting on the mini rotor cdi to come in. Long story short she seized once, still good though! Anyone have experience on setting a base tune for engine that is now a reed valve that wasn’t before? Setting a base for a race 50cc cylinder? I just don’t know where to start with it still actually only being a 50cc and a much higher rev point now! Any input is appreciated you filthy animals, even if it’s derogatory and mean! I love it, talk dirty to me. Current main is 94, pilot is 45 and starter is like 55 or 60 whatever it actually came with. It’s currently insanely rich but last time I had it out and tuning it was right on point. Did find a blockage in my cock that cleaned out that maybe didn’t let enough fuel actually flow throwing me off!? Idk, just help.

A5E1D40A-C80F-4586-88C6-E039FE4229FC.jpeg

Re: Benelli G2 50cc kit base tune

Overpriced Parts /

If it ran good and you still seized it was because the timing was unchecked/too high and you didn’t run a head temperature gauge,

Man those handlebars! why would you Put them all the way down! Are you nuts? you’ll get a backache if you don’t crash on the next curve, put them back up you silly,

Edward Garvine /

Well I I’m pretty sure my ignition timing was spot on being only one point, but I bought a cdi I the theory something is off with my ignition timing. I know it’s with the carb! I just don’t know where to start! Right now it’s fouling super rich(wet plug) trying to start and have it idle so I’m thinking I had fuel flow problem and now my jet is waaayyyyyyy too high. But the bars are kids Schwann bicycle and it’s actually pretty comfy! Handles well too!

theres a writeup in the wiki for phbg tuning, maybe sit on your throne n read.

Yeah a fuel supply issue will definitely seez ya

If you didn't replace your crank seals there is a pretty good chance you have an air leak there too

Is it a reed cyl or a reed adapter?

If you’re running a reed ported cyl that used to be piston port, if it’s been ported well with piston window and boost, you often have to go up like 10-15 jet sizes from piston port jetting.

Reed ported cyl allows tons more flow and much more juice.

Edward Garvine /

This is where I’m kinda lost, with it being a 50cc still but now a reed valve motor should I be looking at big jets to start? Stock jet on this was like a 52 or something with sha carb but now with a race cylinder reed valve and 19phbg, I’m just looking for a safe starting place. Currently have a 94 but so afraid to seize it again since this kit is impossible to find!

Aleays a good idea to start big and work down.

Try a 70 main jet you’ll most likely be somewhere between 65-75 might need more with the phbg tho

Probably gonna fall right off with a 94 main

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account