Best ignition for puch maxi

Rene Zimmermann /

What is the best ignition for a puch maxi ?

I have now

polini 65cmm 43,5

19 mm dellorto

Race clutch

Race clutch Bell

Sprockets 16/36

Re: Best ignition for puch maxi

Sander Mulder /

i would go for a PVL ignition, simple and good quality, almost indestructible.

Rene Zimmermann /

What about hpi2 what do People’s Think about this one, i have a 12v powerdynamo now and for 1 week ago i buyed a mvt premium but this is not installed yet, but have now Read and heard alot not good about this ignition so i am trying to find the best solution with 12v light.

HPI (or any other mini or inner rotor) will completely change the way your clutch engages. also, in my experience, since there's far lee rotating mass, they tend to cause the destruction of start plate tabs that fit into the clutch bell. i use pull starter only for this reason.

> Full Tuck Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> HPI (or any other mini or inner rotor) will completely change the way

> your clutch engages. also, in my experience, since there's far lee

> rotating mass, they tend to cause the destruction of start plate tabs

> that fit into the clutch bell. i use pull starter only for this reason.

The clutch spins faster due to the less mass on the other end? How does it engage differently? I am starting to learnt he art of clutch tuning and have considered a mini rotor for ignition. But this makes me think differently if I would need to completely change how I have tuned my clutch.

todd amundson /

Fuck that. All that^.

POweRs iN The pOiNtS

Rene Zimmermann /

I have a race clutch in it now and been running with a hpi innerroter before with no problems with the clutch, i have buyed This ignition in 2009 where AS i remember light Was NOT possible where i have made my order, 8 years after the build up i havent drived Much. Last year i have changed back to powerdynamo becourse i want some light om my moped, but i want to change to a to innerroter again, and looking for the Best solution with 12v light

image.jpeg

Sander Mulder /

i've had a HPI 2ten once, blew up within 2 weeks. i own 4 PVL's, 2 normal, 2 digital. already 4 years without problems on high performance engines.

How you like that clutch and how long you run it?

Sander,

I know you do a lot of racing so do those PVL ignitions have lighting coils too?

stock points

Rene Zimmermann /

Pavo z, I have buyed this clutch for 16-17 years ago where there not was so many opportunities, for my use i Think its a okay clutch but i have allso never tried other than that and the original. (edited)

Rene Zimmermann /

Sander, do you you have a link for the Pvl innerroter with light?

Sander Mulder /

sorry, no light. i would go for the MVT premium if you want light

Rene Zimmermann /

Okay Thanks, i have allready buyed the mvt but not mounted yet, how many mm before the top do you Think its the best, around 2 mm?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account