Mvt ignition puch maxi

Rene Zimmermann /

Hi

I just bought an mvt ignition for my puch maxi, I drive with polini 65 cm and 19 mm dellorto

How many mm before the top work best or are recommeded?

Re: Mvt ignition puch maxi

Premium or digital direct?

Rene Zimmermann /

Its the premium model

todd amundson /

I had to set it about 4.5 mm before tdc on the premium. If the rotors spinning fast enough you’ll see a firing mark about 15* off. Once the bikes running the firing mark shows up somewhere completely different than originally set. This makes for a real erratic idle if it idled at all. That ignition sits on my shelf because weather I mount it to e50 or Derbi I can’t get it to work right. I heard that the Mvt Premium was for 20,000 rpm Peugeot’s.

Rene Zimmermann /

Somebody there have same Experince with the mvt ignition or maybe Somebody runs with it perfectly and Can recommend this mvt premium ignition?

Running mine on a peugeot as of 3 days ago. Great ignition with bright lights. Not sure how the instructions change on the puch version, but mine told me to line up the red marks at tdc. It doesn't say how much that would be, but it's been running great so far.

Yeah I saw the instructions for Puch online, seems to be the same. Line up the red mark on the flywheel with the rotation mark on the stator, adjust your timing based off of that. Yeah the actual firing mark isn't marked. Not super precise but oh well.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account