Bumping this because I've made some progress, finally. It was a slow winter.
I did end up getting the Moparts case half and malossi intake linked above. It was the easiest vespa engine I ever put together with that case half, like butter. I did freeze the crank and heat the halves.
For now I have a spare VM18 from my AR50 I'm going to use for the side carb. Still the 13.13 SHA in the normal spot. Smaller range jets on the way too because everything I have is probably going to be too big (but then again I have zero starting point for this).
Swapping to an air cooled malossi head for now, just while I get this thing running. I still to find a radiator and decide on pump vs thermosiphon etc. New malossi piston and rings on the way, as well as a Parmakit CDI box which from what I told is compatible with the kinetic cdi. I really wanted to get rid of having both a CDI box and HT coil and combine them into one unit plus it sounds like the curve on this box is awesome.
Mocked up the fuel lines, and this weekend hopefully I can tackle the throttle cable splitting using the parts that were included in the pinasco kit.
I think I'm going to regret not having a needle bearing crank on this lol. We'll see I guess.