Wiring help

I picked up a 1980 puch maxi with a e50. Engine. It wasn’t running so I checked compression and got 170 and also had a 72 jet in a 14mm carb so someone has definitely been in the engine. It’s also been converted to 12v. I’ve been looking up wiring diagrams because it was all apart when I got it and realized the wire colors aren’t making sense because the ignition system isn’t stock. Does anyone know what I have by looking at the pictures? And happen to know what wires should be going to what? Thanks in advance, I’m just a little lost here

A499824D-08F9-4C25-9AFE-E384F2C3470E.jpeg
013DB19E-5C65-4BA0-B151-1FD565629249.jpeg
298147EA-90CE-46FE-BFD6-F1EA0C2A44DE.jpeg

Re: Wiring help

Alex Fredericksen /

You have some mishmash of this.

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-e50-CDI-complete-adventure-pack-V2-p/puch-e50-cdi-v2.htm

Yellow is power to lights. Brown is ground. Red goes to red, white goes to white. Black I believe is ground and black/white goes to kill switch? Some trial and error with a little bit of reading. Good luck.

Travis Curl /

Awesome thanks for your help, hopefully it goes smooth once I assemble it. And I’m assuming the voltage regulator wires up between the stator and coil?

> Awesome thanks for your help, hopefully it goes smooth once I assemble

> it. And I’m assuming the voltage regulator wires up between the stator

> and coil?

No, the regulator is for your lighting circuit, not the ignition circuit.

From the treats page:

"4. wiring - from the stator, brown gets grounded, white goes to grey on pietcard, red goes to blue on pietcard, and yellow goes to yellow on voltage regulator. black on the pietcard gets grounded and red on pietcard connects to the only prong on the HT coil. from the voltage regulator, connect all lighting to the red wire."

Travis Curl /

Thank you guys, I’ll let you know how it worked out when I get it running! Would have been very lost without this awesome forum

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account