Re: Motobecane Stock Variator Tuning: what you need to know

> Alan Jackson wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> lol good idea. or how about clear tubing stuck to the outside so you

> could see it in action? would that actually help balance it or would

> the lead just get flung randomly all over the place?

>

Yes , it would help balance . Just like balance beads/BBs in a tire , the shot would find the proper place for balance .

Not sure if there's room on the outside of the bell and how would it be kept in place ?

Alan Jackson /

anyone trying this mod DO NOT attach the springs as in the last pic. the spring actually pulls the leafs back onto themselves so the middle is curved up. a bit like curving a playing card in your hand. the more you squeeze the more curved upwards it bends. as i tried stronger springs the penny soon dropped when i couldnt even fit the drum back on because the middles of the leafs were forced out too much.

Alan Jackson /

this is the angle the springs need to be if using more than 2 springs. the angle of the tension keeps the leaves from bending upwards in the middle. 6k rpm engagement or stall has been acheived.

IMG_1551.jpg

luckily i didnt have to re weld anything. i just moved the anchor point of the spring like so. ill post a video at the weekend as its now dark when i get home from work.

Alan Jackson /

got it engaging at roughly 5 k. 0-30 in 50 metres. i'd like 6k so a bit more tweaking to be done yet. but it seems reliable or regular and constant.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account