A35 airsal with puch high comp head

Looks like if I run no head gasket my studs aren't short enough before the threading starts to properly tighten down my head.. should I just trace this 50cc gasket and make it slightly wider on the opening? I'm sure the stock head would have no issue..piston clearance is good

20201011_151815.jpg

Re: A35 airsal with puch high comp head

How far away is the threaded section with the head on?

you could find a thick washer maybe.

id have to be there to form a better opinion.

How thick is the head ?

I can't correctly measure the head as I can't find my caliper Guage .. I think if I make a gasket and use a washer I would be okay

20201011_164603.jpg

I think you'd be fine with washers .

I'd recommend the thick crush/sealing type .

https://www.mcmaster.com/crush-washers/

I traced the other 50cc gasket and made it slightly wider by eyeing it.. you think its decent enough to run it ? About Same thickness as the the one I had (edited)

20201011_172804.jpg

Is there a burn ring on the gasket you cut ?

What material did you cut it from ?

just use a bunch of washers, that gasket if not right is just gonna heat up n blow out.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> just use a bunch of washers, that gasket if not right is just gonna heat

> up n blow out.

Sounds good

Yeah bud. Just order the 70cc gasket or run no gasket with some copper spray. Then just use a washer or two to get the head to tighten down properly. That paper gasket will just burn out. And the 50cc gasket will only cause problems too.

I tell you I noticed a difference between running the stock tomos head and the high compression head! I know all bikes are different but my airsal runs alot better with stock head. Maybe your bike will be different

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account