Puch e50 combo air filter

Stock 15mm bing copy, Have the jetting spot on with plug chops-played with needle in all settings-anyone ever feel like the high flow mesh air filters have terrible throttle response, poor torque, and have major air turbulance causing a puull and not pull powerband compared to the stock airbox ?

Re: Puch e50 combo air filter

Overpriced Parts /

> Marty White Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Stock 15mm bing copy, Have the jetting spot on with plug chops-played

> with needle in all settings-anyone ever feel like the high flow mesh air

> filters have terrible throttle response, poor torque, and have major air

> turbulance causing a puull and not pull powerband compared to the stock

> airbox ?

Nope, mine rip beyond belief, piston Port likes no restriction There should be practically no difference from a filter or No filter, if you jet it with the stock airbox first yeah it’s going to be off and a clone carburetor well that could be an issue too.

Plug reading means nothin on a auto clutch bike because you’re not doing it right, it’s only on full throttle run then you pull in the clutch on a manual shift bike and kill the engine,

A auto clutch moped keeps throwing gas on the plug even after you hit the kill switch so you’ll never get correct plug readings but post your set up what Kit/cylinder/hp, what exhaust, what gearing, what atomizer what main jet, what needle, what needle setting what clutch setup

I wonder if changing the 217 atomizer to a 210 would clean it up-anyone ?

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Marty White Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Stock 15mm bing copy, Have the jetting spot on with plug chops-played

>

> > with needle in all settings-anyone ever feel like the high flow mesh

> air

>

> > filters have terrible throttle response, poor torque, and have major

> air

>

> > turbulance causing a puull and not pull powerband compared to the

> stock

>

> > airbox ?

>

> Nope, mine rip beyond belief, piston Port likes no restriction There

> should be practically no difference from a filter or No filter, if you

> jet it with the stock airbox first yeah it’s going to be off and a clone

> carburetor well that could be an issue too.

>

> Plug reading means nothin on a auto clutch bike because you’re not

> t doing it right, it’s only on full throttle run then you pull in the

> clutch on a manual shift bike and kill the engine,

>

> A auto clutch moped keeps throwing gas on the plug even after you hit

> the kill switch so you’ll never get correct plug readings but post your

> set up what Kit/cylinder/hp, what exhaust, what gearing, what atomizer

> what main jet, what needle, what needle setting what clutch setup

Stock E50, grandpa #1 intake, bing 15mm copy-i thought the atomizer was stamped 247 but im reading it should have a 217, 70 main jet, 15/45 gearing, needle setting 2nd from the top, boss pipe, untouched stock clutch, champion L86c plug gapped at .020-not a fan of these plugs

Jetted every which way, needle every position 69 jet-needle all the way down rich, still bogging not pulling above 1/4-1/2 throttle-any suggestions ?

Wesley Ambrosini /

Timing? Usual problems are always air leak or timing being off.

I'm going to try swapping back to stock air cleaner-intake and carb dont have an o-ring in between but its such a tight fit, don't know if people use anything there ?15mm intake/15mm carb

Always run with an O-ring between the carb and intake or you will have an air leak there which will rob you of power

source.gif

I dont see how its going to fit is the problem-its a tight fit now

Anyone ever use electrical tape ?

So do you have an air leak or are you just assuming you do? You know how to check with carb cleaner or whatever, right?

Are your timing and point gap within reasonable spec? Because either of those things will affect power regardless of your air filter etc.

Yes, im going to check for leaks-i feel stupid thinking the oring went over top of intake flange but im sure it sandwiches in between once shoved on and tightened-correct ?

So I can’t help but notice that you’re kind of focused on carburetion but haven’t mentioned timing when people ask about it. You know how when you go to the doctor they always bust out the stethoscope and check your heartbeat no matter what you actually go in for? Checking your timing and point gap is like that for your bike. If you have some ailment and you’re not sure what the deal is, start with the most fundamental aspect of moped operation rather than trying to tune around a spark that’s who knows how far off. Maybe it’s perfect and you can go back to o-rings and atomizers, but you gotta at least check.

I got the bike non running with no carb, exhaust-switched rigged on, thats next on the list to check timing, haven't gotten that far yet but thanks for the advice

ALWAYS :

Compression 1st .

Timing 2nd .

Carburation/Exhaust 3rd .

Any other way is wrong .

mike houlihan /

I have an e50 with 15mm bing and grandpa, metal mesh filter, 14/40 gearing, 65cc airsal, 222 atomizer, 79 jet, and estriol radical side bleed pipe. We’ve a bit hi with the gearing but rips in the mid range. Sluggish off the line compared to a stock hi torque with estoril and mesh

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account