A35 with 64cc airsol carb help needed please?

I put airsol 64cc cylinder and piston and rings on my a35 she blast but won't idle well. Could it be because I'm running the dellorto 1412 carb and intake and using the carbon fiber airsol reeds? Should I use my a35 reeds?? Thanks in advance

Re: A35 with 64cc airsol carb help needed please?

You will need to upjet your carb. The 14:12 is small but if you add the bigger jet then it will at least run as it should. See what size is in there, probably something like a 52 or 58, and grab a 60's range. Also look at upgrading the carb and the pipe when you get the chance and compliment the new cylinder.

Sausage Head /

I tuned it it's running,#74 jet. Bullet pipe. Just doesn't idle well. But it's fast. I've been struggling with keeping exhaust bolt's tight also. So that's gotta be the issue maybe (edited)

At the very least get a 15 sha carb, vm18 or vm20. Lock tight the bolts if they are vibrating loose. I run a 44mm 65cc kit with a vm20 and have everything tourqed to tomos spec and have no issues and no lock tight on anything except the engine case halves. I did have my exhaust bracket bolt hole broke but I welded it back together.

Sausage Head /

Thanks ill buy the Sha 15 next week. Can I use my intake with the sha 15 ??? Thanks

Dave Thacker /

Mark, I turn clutch drums. The mostly likely reason for bolt loosening is vibration allowing movement of the flange against the exhaust port surface. The proper nuts would be "Flex Top". Also, I'd look at the pipe flange closely and make sure the nuts can actually seat perfectly flat. If there is a weld fouling a seat, grind it away. There is a series of events. The fist nut loosens, then as the pipe vibrates in an arch around the remaining stud (there would be some movement from stud clearance in the flange) the other nut will loosen. If you get really serious, you could consider a stud drilling jig and going with castle nuts. But probably upgrading to quality all steel lock nuts and balanced clutch assembly will solve it. Don't fall into the trap of thinking something should work because it's stock. The bikes are built to a price, not built for high performance.

The point about grinding the weld out if the nut is hitting it. Also just making sure the nuts are properly tight and have plain washers. You shouldn't need a lock nut if everything else is correct.

Exhaust leaks are air leaks, they will cause poor idle. There is also a really small idle jet in the Sha that can plug up. There 14:12 will work ok on a kit but it's hard to get the fuel delivery right. Still, shouldn't cause a problem with the idle.

Sausage Head /

I grinded away that bullet pipe with a hand grinder/disc it's doing better. But took the cylinder apart and was surprised when I seen the difference between the airsol 44mm Ring's currently and a set of New ones. Wow! I bought the airsol set used so I should have known. I was always jetting generous with it between#72-74 so it wasn't anything I did. I'm running a cheap 2 stroke oil called gumout. I'm not running it with New rings on it until I get some high grade 2t oil

It's not the oil. Even the shittiest 2t oil is superior to what was around when the bikes were new. Hell, some puchs told you to use straight engine oil.

Oil isn't the problem.

Bad rings are also an 'air leak' as are chipped/ bent Reeds. Anything that causes leakage where it shouldn't be going will mess up your idle and jetting.

Be sure to gap those rings when you install them.

Sausage Head /

The New rings aligned perfectly with the piston. Like they were born in the groove. And put the new rings in the bore and identical. Not any cylinder ware so should be good. Gonna run it with cap n screen all screens removed but 1 with some filter cut to fit #72 in the 1412 few heat up cool Downs and run it and keep close eye on the plugs and temps.

Re: A35 with 64cc airsol carb help neeringsded please?

Sausage Head /

Hey Graham just wanted to know how to align the New rings

Sausage Head /

What do you mean by gap new rings?

Marky Mark...

😐

You gotta search a little. First Search result for “Ring gap”

Maybe it was a typo? He might have meant “gape*” your rings.

I won’t post a link for that.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account