E50 70cc TCCD piston lubrication holes

Stan Shingler /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Heyhey,

So I've been looking into piston lubrication holes. Not the ones that people

drill into the upper ring landing (though those seem pretty awesome for reducing

temps reliably), the ones that are typically drilled for kits with an exhaust bridge in it.

Can't seem to find much info about folks trying it on kits without the exhaust bridge. Call me Crazy Wayne, but would there be any sort of advantage at all in drilling in some or all of the areas (on the piston) between cylinder/piston windows to allow for additional lubrication? May assist in reducing or eliminating soft/hard seizes or excessive wear?

70TCCD.jpg

I attached a pic of the 70cc TCCD kit for the E50 that I'm installing and marked the areas I mentioned.

I guess what I'm really asking is; even if the potential benefits are unknown or immeasurable, can it possibly hurt to drill a few holes so long as it doesn't mess with case pressure?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account