Will I need Reeds If.....

I have a stock cylinder I’m porting as close to a Polini as I can and I want to do a hole like the Polini into the intake ..... will I need a reed valve like the Polini if I do this?

9BD0CA95-B076-486F-B72F-9F36D06F2580.jpeg
8136DC4E-33D4-4F19-B60E-C42E24E5E5F0.jpeg
24AD4FED-8F73-4E4B-BA34-2220B17599A0.jpeg

Re: Will I need Reeds If.....

If the intake is open to the cases most of the time then yes you need a reed. That's where polini get their power. Open up that intake and rip.

yes, if the fuel charge is open to the intake then it'll blow right out the carb without reeds. look up boost ports, finger ports or performance piston port cylinders for ideas on where to experiment.

You need reeds yes. Morini reeds are very close to v1 reeds, but the screws will hit the intake tract if you don’t get the super tight clearance heads.

This here is an MO1 cyl which is pretty limited at the intake

All MO1 and MO2 .... and More the MO3 and 4 speeds use this cylinder

And they come with this spacer

I think this could be the valve just not sure if it’s feasible space wise having the triangle go into the cylinder or just have a mini one like....

5D7A2B6B-1398-46E5-991F-342C2849E206.jpeg
55798A8B-A915-4223-8DCB-614DF3E3787D.jpeg
5E228990-418F-435A-A8B0-5D541F2B7E80.png

..... anyone? Bueller?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Obviously, you'll have to make a honkin reed adapter to run case inducted size reeds, at which point you might as well modify this to fit.

As for turning the intake space into a micro reedblock, you will be hard pressed to get enough opening out of reeds that are only a few mm's in length.

If I had a bike I really loved that had the M01 motor, I would either a) leave it stock and enjoy, b) Buy the polini reed kit for M01 (you can still find them), or c) swap with an M1 and enjoy myself.

I am kinda just dicking around with ideas mainly because I have an abundance of these stock heads kicking around I have a couple Polini Kits

But these stock cylinders are nice and hardy with a cast iron sleeve so it would be nice to take one to the next level thanks for the link on that adapter block thing .... kinda hideous looking but if a similar thing would make some power along with loads of porting that’s the kinda ideas I’m looking for

Mark Younggren /

Hey Rich

I noticed you said you have a few Polini kits. Would you be willing to let one go to a good home? I am going to be doing a maxi build in the next month. I think I am going to do a classic Polini set up with 15mm bing. I still need all the parts. Anything would help.

Thanks

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Mark Younggren Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hey Rich

>

> I noticed you said you have a few Polini kits. Would you be willing to

> let one go to a good home? I am going to be doing a maxi build in the

> next month. I think I am going to do a classic Polini set up with 15mm

> bing. I still need all the parts. Anything would help.

>

> Thanks

He has Polini for Moroni M01, not Puch.

You can grab the Puch ones from Dos or Treats.

A thing happened to happen

Testing with short runs under 300degrees will be happening shortly.... porting May ensue.... ( intake side fo sho)

99978456-053A-4274-9727-827A5B8BDE70.png
9E9EF8C1-00EB-40DA-A912-350573E44830.png
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account