Why doesn't this A35 exhaust fit my A35 bike?

I have a stock 1994 Tomos Sprint and I got this pipe for it: https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-moped-tecno-ESTORIL-performance-pipe-versi-p/tomos-tecno-estoril-pipe-v2.htm

It doesn't even come close to fitting. Did I get the wrong one? It seems like the header angle is wrong. The bike currently has a stock A3 pipe (the chrome one with the slightly larger inner diameter) and that fits perfectly. The Estoril didn't line up in ANY spot correctly. I have mad brackets and hardware to make stuff bolt up where it needs to, but there was just no way that header was gonna remotely fit. It seemed like I got the A55 pipe somehow, or something. Attached is a pic of the bike. Pipe wasn't fitting right on the cylinder and the expansion chamber was up against the frame and center stand and engine in such a way that it would never have aligned properly on the motor.

Would somebody be able to advise on which exhaust you got for your pedal-start A35 that fits well and is good for low/mid range power? Links? Something NOT requiring structural modification!

Sorry for beating the dead "what exhaust should I get" horse, but I would like to know what fits since treatland said this pipe is for A35 bikes but it's not gonna work on mine. Also, I have a brand new estoril exhaust located near Washington DC if anyone wants one for a little less than treats sold it to me for.

PS the bike now has a mikuni vm18.

IMG_9417.jpg

Re: Why doesn't this A35 exhaust fit my A35 bike?

looks like treats messed up on the picture, the heavy bracket with the two holes is for a55. your looking for the one hole mount. low end pipe.

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-tecno-circuit-pipe-a3-a35-p/tomos-tecno-circuit-pipe-a35.htm

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A3-A35-SIDEBLEED-estoril-performance-pipe-p/tomos-sidebleed-estoril-a35-a3.htm

Think this one will fit? I really think treatland sent me the A55 pipe lol.

if it got the thick 2hole bracket and you ordered the 1 hole , I I've ordered wrong parts before as well. that should fit, to add, you might want some pedal arms that stick out a bit or an extender.

I think Treatland messed up because the pipe pictured on their link is the one I got, and it says fits A35, but it's the thick bracket with 2 hole. They said I can send it back but shipping would cost me $48 so I'm seeing if they can send me a shipping label or whether I should just try to sell the pipe and order a new one.

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A3-A35-SIDEBLEED-estoril-performance-pipe-p/tomos-sidebleed-estoril-a35-a3.htm It looks like THIS one is what I need.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The very first posted was marked V1 in filename...

Tweaker trash /

Tomos

To be perfectly honest some a35s have the 2point Mount like a55 that’s why it’s version 2. I’ve had the same problem in the past and was confused just like you. It’s up to you to look at your exhaust mount and decide what ya need in the end. That being said biturbos are my favorite budget pipe for tomos. Hope ya get your tomos ripping soon tho!

Richard Eberline /

I mount this pipe on a 1994 tomos sprint a35. Had to drill ONE hole. done

The mounting bracket would be your only issue. Just get it mounted up on the cyl and then see how it will need to be mounted. Maybe a bracket needs trimmed to fit right? I've had to remove or bend bike mounting brackets to get a pipe to fit and seat properly where it matters. Brackets can be fabricated for frame mounting pretty easily. All pert of the fun of aftermarket parts. "Bolt and go" is hardly ever just that if you want it right.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account