A few hobbit questions....

Ricky Lacapria /

Hey all. I’ve been out of the moped game for a few years and just getting back into it, had a few questions someone may be able to help with.

So last time I messed with a hobbit, TJTs were the go to variator. When I went on treats the other day I saw a bunch more options from just ramps to full out variators. Can anyone tell me what is generally considered the best way to go?

Also is there an intake that fits under the frame with no modification that will accept a 19 or 21 phbg?

Right now I have a polini engine I’ve had sitting in a box for like 7-8 years, and working on putting that together. Thanks for any help

Re: A few hobbit questions....

https://www.treatland.tv/honda-hobbit-malossi-PHBG-intake-p/honda-malossi-intake-0261158.htm

There's this intake that will fit, but it'll be a pain in the ass to get it all jetted correctly. MLM makes a few that'll shoot it out to the side.

I'd say the TJT is still the go-to. There's a polini variator that people have modded to fit too

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /

Welcome back! TJT + Treats Plate is probably the easiest had option, although my Polini that I got from Motorkit just came in today, so I'll be able to report on that... eventually. The treats plate does definitely fuck though. We (me, Mars, Fred) used TJT+Rumpus and won Bakers Dozen last year. That said, I know Mars loves a derbi 6-roller because of the plate, but I think the treats plate is close in profile to the pinilla 6-roller.

If you wanna schlep up to Boston, I've got a 21 PHBG intake for the stock reed block I'm not gonna be using that should fit your needs. Kicks the carb out to the side too, so it's not a total dick pain.

Buy that malossi intake and run a radiator hose out to the side of your bike with a piece of steel/aluminum/whatever tubing on the end and put your carb on that. I've been running my 19 phbg like that for 4 years with no issues.

IMG_20171005_014606.jpg

Piece of sheet metal cut out part of the stock air box three or four welds.

Your carbureted will go on and off in just a minute

The polini variator is the only option that makes any sense. Tjt will work but not nearly as good and it's roughly the same price. Been running the polini variator and a stock rear pulley. Hitting close to 70mph starts first pull. God damnit I love hobbits.

Barack Obama /

Check out my profile pic! Av7 phbg intake might work m, im running a slav7 sha 15 intake with a bing

Another trick to get more clearance is to Run bigger shocks(edited)

Ricky Lacapria /

Thanks for all the awesome info. I ended up with the tjt, forgot to order the spacers so waiting on those to come in. Once that’s here I should be able to tie up the last few odds and ends (cables and such. I ended up being able to use a spacer and 4 petal reeds with an MLM intake that landed the carb pretty much exactly where I was hoping it would. I got a puch head to put on so there’d be no decomp but the holes are drilled all wacky and that’s been a pain in the ass. This is what I’m working on.

566EA512-F3A3-4CBA-9EB6-F98B7CC95AF4.jpeg
48712765-20C9-4D17-B641-402D1E1668EA.jpeg

Emil Kniemel /

garelli ssxl frame?

Barack Obama /

Ya

221D9453-E0A9-4D85-AD0F-68DB3F7D9261.jpeg

Ricky Lacapria /

Yessssss, ssxl I welded the tank and seat pan together, and then made a mold of foam just fiberglassed over it all. The entire tank and seat comes off in one piece

Emil Kniemel /

> Ricky Lacapria Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yessssss, ssxl I welded the tank and seat pan together, and then made a

> mold of foam just fiberglassed over it all. The entire tank and seat

> comes off in one piece

Interesting! Do the tank capacity is still the same as the OG?

Ricky Lacapria /

Haha yes the add on is purely cosmetic unfortunately. I started it 8 years ago and that was way beyond my skill set then

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account