Help me build a new engine

I got a new E50 case and I could use some suggestions on the build.

This will be going onto a pinto so the manifold/carb might be a problem with fit, I had a SHA but that was a no go because the carb hit the frame so the head-cylinder-intake and carb are the areas I need help with.

I would like to use the pipe I already have proma circuit performance pipe I like the bottom end as it gets me into traffic fast but that can be changed.

I want to keep it at 70cc and the case will be matched and I will use a stuffed crank. So what set-up should I be looking at and remember this is a moped and not a Ferrari. Thanks for any and all help. I hope to build this over the CV19 shutdown.

Re: Help me build a new engine

Tweaker trash /

A new e50 case? Post pics

It's not new just new to me.

Tweaker trash /

I would highly recommend a treats Reed kit with a four petal and a cheap clone phbg. And case match if you want but not needed really. 16x40 gearing, kickstart springs , lighten clutch bell ( with no stater plate) , look up countryboy pull start conversion.

How the gas tank look? A second flush never hurts & thats pips not bad, it’s a good base then mybe upgrade later.

The tank is perfect less a few small dings. What size phbg clone? A 17mm but no bigger then 19mm.

treats reed or a polini, cant go wrong, either one is a low end monster with the proma.

the proma wont rev much over 9 k no matter what you have it on, so i don't see the point in spending the money on the 4 petal/phbg except that its just a little bit easier to tune.

I'm ordering the parts tonight but with the "puch athena 70cc 45mm reed cylinder kit - small reed block" from treats and could use some advice on what head is best. This is a driver not a racer.

All the other kits have been out of stock for sometime now.

I have an Athena small block with a hi hi head, 19 phbg(genuine), custom intake, Carbon reeds, BK 100, stock gearing on a maxi and it rips. Don't buy a clone carb. I feel like an Estoril would treat you well instead of a pricey MLM pipe. Also, case matching is dumb. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account