Re: Am I doing something wrong? -- Top speed

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

yeah that speed is just about spot on for that setup

most people on the forums lie about their speed to the tune of 5-10 mph, so if you are using actual speed you will be bummed. its way easier to just say you are going 55 than actually go 55. 55 is pretty fast on a moped.

the treats 70 with a basic pipe like a bullet isn't gonna do much

yer gearing is dumb high, 16x40 will feel a lot better, that setup you basically want stock gearing.

i dunno about that oko 21, its the one piece of the puzzle that don't make sense to me. generally i like the keihn clones but some of them have weird tuning parts in them which dont run good on piston ports and can be tough for first timers to tune. I'm not gonna tell you to go out and buy a new carb but a PHBG 19 would make more sense on that setup and there is lots of good info out there on how to tune them.

but yeah, your top speed if its real, is spot on, if you're lying and adding 5 mph thats a bummer. gear down and you might find some speed. you literally bought a bucket of the cheapest puch performance parts you can find, if its actually going 47 and runs well you should be happy.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account