Re: Puch maxi setup

Probably Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I did dozens of stock e50 crank builds with new style fin 70cc DMP kit, 14 mm bing carburetor (222 atomizer 72 jet), 14 mm intake, metal mesh filter, techno circuit exhaust, tuned two clutch 14-14.5 before top dead center timing on stock ignition with a timing light at 3 to 4000 RPM and 17x40 gearing,

A steady timing mark is critical if your timing bounces all over the place due to points bounce your timing will never be correct, your magneto needs servicing in place such a big part in the tuning of your bike you’ll never know, I service mine every year,

See this : https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_timing

None never seized and all are still running as far as I know,

I actually just received an email from a bike I did in 2008-09 from a bloke across the lake in Canada, he sent me a picture of his cylinder, I told him it looked still fine so I told him to order a $29 piston and ring and that’s all what was needed after all these years, and 13,7km

But he did change the single ring on the piston at 6km like I told him too prior as well as checking in maintaining the magneto and spark plug yearly,

A techno circuit exhaust on a flimsy entry level rigid frame bike that is low to the may not work though, so you might want a estoril type or other pipe but your pedal crank will probably hit,

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account