Puch maxi setup

Adam Aniol /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I'm starting a new project with puch maxi N. It's in pretty bad condition overall right now and I'm not sure what to do.

My goal is to end up with a bike that tops around 40 mph (I don't need more - it will be used for a daily commute in traffic), and has good acceleration in the lower end (that's more important for me for trafic lights statrs).

I could just clean it and make it run, but since I need to unscrew every bolt for cleaning and derusting and put all that work into it, I'm thinking I could tune it a little better:

1. Go for Airsal 65cc cylinder (with stock crank if it tourns out usable, just put new bearings and seals)

2. Get a 3 segment clutch with stiffer springs (https://www.puchshop.de/puch-engine-parts/puch-clutch-parts/clutch-3-segments.html), and tune the clutch to engage abowe 3-4k RPM

3. Get a cigar 28 mm exhaust

4. Buy a 14mm or 15 mm bing carb

5. Go for 15x45 gearing

Do you think it is worth it? Or is it better to stick to stock cylinder, and invest in a better clutch and possiblly a better pipe?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account