Puch Tech Bulletin 1.5-2 HP exhaust mod crucial detail left out...

Anyone familiar with this Puch Bulletin know if the 2 holes you are supposed to drill in the header go through both sides of pipe or just one side?

Re: Puch Tech Bulletin 1.5-2 HP exhaust mod crucial detail left out...

Each of the holes as a piece of tubing in it, the tubing is what you're trying to remove. I can't remember if its welded on one side or both sides, but you can probably tell when you look at it. You dont need to drill all the way through, just where the weld is.

Sabs, I have done that mod before, removing the restriction right? The one I am referring to is a Puch Tech Bulletin that tells you how to convert a 1.5 hp to a 2 hp motor. I found it a long time ago, might be in the Wiki. It says to drill 2 10mm holes in the header pipe at 250 mm and 275 mm from the end. It also tells you what to do with the carb and air filter as well. It does not say if you drill through both sides of the pipe like the stock holes are drilled

My pipe came with on hole near the end of the header. I saw the version I think you are referring to with the restrictions in two holes at 250 and 275 mm from the end. I guess that means I need to drill all the way through.

Yes, drill all the way through

Thanks Seth

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account