Re: Moby vs 103 50cc’s: your thoughts?

Man was I off!

I have been playing with the cheap cheap 70 dollar 50cc kit which im pretty sure is a replica of a stock euro cylinder. Anywho I too was playing the stock vario and recently went with er3 and a doppler er86 pulley

So far it rips super hard. I soft seized on the last good day of fall. I knew jetting was off but wanted to go for a short loop and that was it. But got another kit cuz hey its 70 bucks and the last one held up for a year and a half with a high rpm set up.

Don't know where I was going with this but cheapo 50cc has been a blast and hands down one of my fastest builds even before playing with fancy varios and clutch pulleys

The teknix kit rips. I had one with a ninja that cruised at 45 no problem and would get into the 50s on a long enough straight. I only ever ran that set up with a stock clutch and variator so it didn’t have a whole lot of torque in the low rpms, but was still really nice. It would cruise up hills at about 20 from a dead stop even though it couldn’t get enough revs to get into the variator.

Yeah! I ran 2 kits over the course of 3 years before i started playing with go fast parts. When paired with a mild pipe and an sha it was always mid 40s maybe more with a long straight or hill.

Once I started playing with polini sport pipe i couldn't get the bottom where i wanted. First tuning. Sha couldn't get lean enough down low and rich up top. Switched to a phbg and fixed the tune issue. But still a dog off the line.

From there i went pull start and no starter shoes. It helped but not what I wanted. Then to extreme modification on stock vario and once I played with that and a zillion clutch pads i went pulley and er3 and haven't looked back.

Still determined to use texnix because 70 bucks is better than the 150+ for race kits. And it seems to rip hard enough no need to get more out of it unless im on the track.

But maybe thats also my issue as before. I didn't want to spend money on pulley and vario because i thought it was achievable on stock and maybe im up the same creek with my cylinder choice. I just want to be the fastest in the group with the least amount of race parts hahaha

That is admirable, keep it up!!!

Honestly that Texnix kit was my favorite 50 kit, doesnt rev out like the Airsal/Doppler/Gila, but it was the torquey-est of the bunch Ive ran, as far as 50 kits go

So over the course of this thread I've received a few emails relating to the Zeros videos, and asking about tuning 70cc air cooled 103 kits, so I made a video in response, enjoy

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account