Vm20 tomos

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362899825814

Would this carb work on a tomos a35 44mm airsal? Surely they're all kind of the same?

I don't mind it not having a choke BTW.

I'm probably asking a stupid question here but It's really cheap and thought I'd consult you lot before pulling the trigger on this.

Cheers all.

Re: Vm20 tomos

Dirty30 Dillon /

Why not buy the generic VM20 so you don't have to source spare parts from an esoteric Scooter model?

Sure, you could make that work, but you'll have to find what jets it uses/etc. I wouldn't be surprised if that was electric choke.

Yeah, I’d avoid that. Get a more versatile VM20 as stated above.

Ok. Thanks guys.

When I've got the money I think I'll probably get the party party pack intake and vm20 from treats.

i don't think that carb is even a VM20, looks like some kinda dellorto thing to me. just based on the routing for the air bleed and choke passages and the carb top and bowl.

you can get some pretty decent clones from china for VM20's and PHBG 19's.

the vm20 clone that is good comes from a 'Suzuki AX100' and its a small-footprint VM20 with a spigot mount

the phbg 19 i've been buying is the one for a KTM cobra 50 and the jetting is damn close out of the box for most kitted mopeds. It runs great on my puch polini with just the main jet changed.

just like all the clones, its kindof a pros only deal, you gotta beat your head against it a little more.... i think for most people its worth spending the money on the real deal. I just happen to like the spigot mount.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i don't think that carb is even a VM20, looks like some kinda dellorto

> thing to me. just based on the routing for the air bleed and choke

> passages and the carb top and bowl.

It is stamped VM20, and has cast-in Mikuni logos. Although I do find it odd that Vespa/Piaggio would use a Japanese carb vs. Italian.

oh wild, yeah mikuni will pretty much make you anything you want from the OEM side of things. they might even have copied a Dellorto externally with VM guts? just weird since i've never seen that style of choke mounted on any mikuni carb of any flavor.

unless its like one of those china 'maikuni vm22' stamped Keihn p series... haha

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account