A3 Kit weird question

george bonadies /

Hello everyone I've been lurking on moped army for a while but finally needed to make an account to ask you moped engineers a question.

A friend of mine just picked up a beautiful A3 bullet. He had intentions of kitting and ordered an A35 45mm Kit by accident. I read that this can easily be fitted by swapping out the con rod wrist bushing for one with a 12mm ID off of a puch. treats is out of stock on these bearings and so is ebay and everywhere I've looked. what I did find is a 45mm A3 piston with a 10MM pin. we ordered that and are waiting for it now. my question Is do you think this will all work? the piston diameter matches the cylinder and the wrist pin is the correct size for the A3 crank so to me it sounds like a done deal and we dont have to mess with swapping a bushing in. Which from what I read isnt a really reliable option. either way we are going to try it so I'll be posting results but any advice is appreciated! Thank you all!

Re: A3 Kit weird question

>>>taykoff [s2m] /

The 45mm kit was just recently released as an option from the Lords of Treatland specifically for the A3, probably because they were able to source a piston (or developed one) with the 10mm pin, and you purchased the 45mm A35 kit with the piston for the A3? Sounds like a different way to get to the same place...

If the wrist pin is 10mm it'll work but you shoulda just bought the a3 kit in the first place.

Seems alot of people don't know this lately so I'll say it again....Don't forget to re-jet and tune the carb or you'll seize. And without an expansion chamber gains will be negligible.

its beneficial to question b4 you order. say even now b4 u put in your 2nd order, what am i missing?

george bonadies /

yeah they were out of the A3 party kit on treats but my buddy ordered the a35 kit by accident anyway its for his moped. So I told him to order the 45mm piston with 10mm wrist pin and it should work I just wanted to make sure I wasnt wrong about it working.

Dirty30 Dillon /

You'll have to check bore tolerance, ring gap and squish, as those are all things that will be different even between the same cylinder amongst different castings.

45mm is nominal sizing, so just be sure the piston to bore is within spec and check your squish after assembling

And , port timing .

george bonadies /

How do I check that? my basic understanding is the ports must be open fully at Bottom dead center.

> george bonadies Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How do I check that? my basic understanding is the ports must be open

> fully at Bottom dead center.

Exactly ^ .

With the cylinder mounted , be sure that's what happens . ;)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hate to be the downer...

The top Conrod end will disintegrate.

Not if but when...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account