Garelli VIP exhaust.

August Adams-Miller /

I own a 1980 Garelli VIP and I’ve just purchased an MLM people’s pipe sidebleed exhaust as an upgrade for it. Does anyone have any tips on how to install it or what I should/shouldn’t do. I’m new to mechanics and this moped is basically my introduction. Is it as straight forward as unscrew the old exhaust and put he new one in or do I need to do more? Also I’m aware that I need to make adjustments to the jetting in the carb but I don’t really know what that means or what it entails so if someone would be kind enough to explain it me in simple terms that’d be great. Thanks.

Re: Garelli VIP exhaust.

Watch dave fixes his shit on YouTube. He puts an MLM on his vip and goes through the whole process.

wait, hows she run with stock pipe?please post performance gains. on my vip with the clamp on jammy, stock, i get to 35mph.

August Adams-Miller /

She runs fine with the stock pipe rn. I can get up to around 30 mph on flat but he acceleration is a bit slow until she gets going.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account