Hey mr steep cheeks, why you rip so hard

JBOT Admin /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Just a quick heads up about something I'm fucking with. Been doing it for a long time but felt the difference a/b style yesterday and figured I'd post since the diff was night and day and my bike got scary to ride again (50cc hahahobit)

If you can get access to a lathe, and you have a ripper engine on any variated bike and want faster acceleration.... steep the cheeks.

I make my variator more steep, and steepen the clutch bell fixed cheek as well (hobbit in this situation)

But BROOO What do you get?

A much faster acceleration, can use thinner belts (more responsive than thick fatty belts)....can ride the belt higher in the pulley for more over range etc.... just be sure you're not bottoming out the rear pulley in the process. Also must shim the variator to take up the slop and snug the belt into the cheeks with no slip.

Don't worry about stupid ass belt angles n shit, belts will conform to your steeper pulleys over time.

Pics in a bit.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account