Re: Puch e50 kits.

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i don't recommend the 50cc TCCD to beginners as they are finnicky to tune and you need to chamfer, ring gap, etc. I've known a lot of people over the years slap them on for a first kit and the learning curve is pretty rough with only a tiny boost over stock.

the 44 airsal with a proma GP pipe is my go-to for a first timer. It runs good with a stock bing, or a 15 SHA. you can get a top speed of 40 right out of the box or a bit faster with gearing up, but i think stock gearing is just fine.

nice flat power curve so its easy to tune and very forgiving.

is the current engine in good shape? if it is, i would do the cosmetics and stuff like tires, cables, brakes, bearings, chains, etc. first and get it running good, then bite off the kit once you're a little more comfortable, but the 44 airsal is basically just a bigger version of a stock cylinder so its not too intimidating.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account