Shaw Derbi

todd amundson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Had to take this apart because the trans side bearing had the crank spinning inside of it. Lots of travel up and down, side to side. Of course the crank is toast because it wore a nice hyper race surface in itself. I knew this was Shaw's Derbi which is on its third owner. Wanted to take a few shots of what he did.

IMG_0540.jpg

Daniel mentioned a crazy untunable cylinder recently that Shaw did. This is tunable I think but the intake window blows through the skirt a bit because it's giant. Has decomp hole drilled through it. Piston will hit decomp on start up and I think that crude divot was put in by the builder? I can't tell. Assembled without a gasket just yamabond. Lots of JB weld but only a little showing in the transfers. Crank had lube slot cut into small end. Aluminum base gasket with razor thin cereal box on either side. About 3 mm thick.

IMG_0557.JPG
IMG_0548.JPG
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account