Is 15/15 sha on a stock derbi variant sport more fun than 12/12?

shman shmilroy /

Project time....rebuilding a variant sport.

Got a new proj and im playing with some ideas; I'm thinking about tryin to make a hill cruiser. It would be cool to hold 30 up a hill and not feel like I was about to blow-up... I'm gonna stick with the stock jug/piston as a control. I'm not sure what exhaut i'm destined for... but I figure the intake may help make a decision. Somewhere (prolly Myron's) I read upsizing from a 12/12 sha is seemingly very do-able. If i arbritrarily put a 15/15 sha with the matching upsized throat, is there potential to have more fun? like uh.... if is sized a 15/15 with any of the pipes on treats right now, and play with jets/basic tune, are there noticible change from bones stock? Is the black baffle any more fun to ride than the MLM straight?

Re: Is 15/15 sha on a stock derbi variant sport more fun than 12/12?

I have a stock 79 tt, with the exception of front sprocket, Tecno estorial side bleed and I went from 12 to 15. Top speed will be minimally affected, after just a carb change, not much. But the punch delivered off idle and really at any change in throttle position. You will notice a extra kick. Derbi's eat hills even stock compared to a Puch.

A stock kit, 15 and a decent pipe will make a huge difference. So worth the $200 range price tag on new parts. Do it and be happy, even as a novice, if you are, these mods are simple.

Terbo Speghetti /

A 15.15 will be more fun, but if you want to maximize your dollars-to-fun ratio, a performance pipe is probably the best route.

shman shmilroy /

Ok hell yeah G Hands. That is valuable. extra punch does indeed sound like the fun i seek. I'll play with the variator down the road, but carb/pipe are easy for now.

> G HANDS Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

.....But the punch delivered off idle and really at any change in throttle position. You

> will notice a extra kick. Derbi's eat hills ...

A pipe and a 15 with a stock kit is your budget blaster. A kit and variator down the road are a good plan. Familiarize yourself with your moped first if you lack experience. If not, have at it. U can always message me if you need advice/help.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account