I'm a french virgin

Terbo Speghetti /

So forgive me when I ask what sounds like a stupid question.

Are there really no reed kits out there for av7?

Re: I'm a french virgin

Rick Bergsma /

AV 7 engines don't have reeds

Re: I'm a french virgin

Terbo Speghetti /

...that's exactly why one would want to buy a reed kit.

Maybe you should go spend some time in the wiki.

Re: I'm a french virgin

Re: I'm a french virgin

I’ve seen a10 reed block adaptors for av7, but they aren’t in production anymore. Not a bad way to go, but the stock av7 cylinder is the way to fly if you ask me. If you want to get cray cray, Motomatic adapted a mk80 and a gila to an av7, it was pretty gnarly and too a ton of work.

Re: I'm a french virgin

Mine is.

It rips. Just throw a reed on whatever you have and port the shit outta the cyl.

Night and day difference over piston port.

But yeah you'd get better power with case reed

Re: I'm a french virgin

Or just take a cyl reed puch kit and cut the stud holes, then use an adaptor bearing to make it work with the moby crank

Re: I'm a french virgin

Here how I look at it. For the same price of an av7 with reeds you could of just built an av10 .

Av7 adapter plate plus the intake cost about $70 plus unless u you can build stuff

Chines av10 case $60 bucks plus $40 for intake and ul gain a few hp with the third transfer

Now I said fuck it and went all out for an extra $40 and got the euro case ( it included an intake and seals) I payed $7 for the reed block) so definitely worth it nevermind the good resale on it.

It’s so fucking adorable but don’t underestimate it.

image.jpg

Re: I'm a french virgin

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’ve seen a10 reed block adaptors for av7, but they aren’t in production

> anymore. Not a bad way to go, but the stock av7 cylinder is the way to

> fly if you ask me. If you want to get cray cray, Motomatic adapted a

> mk80 and a gila to an av7, it was pretty gnarly and too a ton of work.

I have a couple of the adapters you speak of....

Re: I'm a french virgin

Terbo Speghetti /

Maybe a better question is whether an av10 bolts up in place of an av7?

This is all in preparation to build up one of those DiBlasi folding bikes, so even if they do bolt up in place of each other, i feel like there could be intake/carb fitment problems.

Re: I'm a french virgin

Av10 engine is direct swap.

Spring brackets are different. Exhaust angle is different. If you have a complete built av10, it mounts identical as an av7 would.

Re: I'm a french virgin

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Maybe a better question is whether an av10 bolts up in place of an av7?

>

> This is all in preparation to build up one of those DiBlasi folding

> bikes, so even if they do bolt up in place of each other, i feel like

> there could be intake/carb fitment problems.

now we're talking, these are hilarious bikes, you could probably swap an av10 in there, buuuuuutttt the folding DiBlasi's are non variated, they have a unique clutch, similar but different from the DiMoby clutches, there is no way to variate them either, so an av10 honestly wouldnt help you much in this case as pretty much all the cylinders are rad high rpm rippers.

Which brings us back to the av7, the 74cc Airsal with a stock head cut to match, will top out somewhere around 7000-8000 rpm and give you mad torque, you can re-gear to take advantage of it, or just be happy with 40mph using the stock pipe and a 15 sha

PS: you should replace the ignition on the bike right away, they always fry, but good news! They use a replica of the 3 bolt Tomos a35 ignition, so swapping a proper less Chinese version in will save you headaches later

EDIT: Turbo messaged me with a picture of these in a variated form!?!!? I fixed a fleet of these a few years back, they were all single speed, I hope he posts a picture of the vario set up he found, because it is fucking cool! (edited)

Re: I'm a french virgin

Terbo Speghetti /

DiBlasis are definitely variated, just in a really weird way. Vario in front, rear pulley on a spring. Not dual variated, that rear pulley actuates and has a chain (or belt depending on the year) frive to the rear wheel.

Re: I'm a french virgin

Terbo Speghetti /
Rueckholfeder_Haken2.jpg
Di-Blasi-R7E-drive-belts.jpg

These are the two pics I've found of the rear pulley/spring setup if anyone wants to see. I won't have my bike until mid Feb so i can't take pics for myself just yet.

Re: I'm a french virgin

That's fucking rad

Re: I'm a french virgin

Terbo Speghetti /

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Or just take a cyl reed puch kit and cut the stud holes, then use an

> adaptor bearing to make it work with the moby crank

Adapter bearing? Is this like a fat needle bearing to take up the difference or something?

Re: I'm a french virgin

Yes, 12mm x 16 x 16

And some fast boi bidalot kits for moby were 12mm too I think. (edited)

Re: I'm a french virgin

That is a AV14 cylinder that will fit the AV7 carter nicely. Jean Bidalot developed the AV14 cylinder and head setup for a high output motor. The Malossi kit is the catalyst that will get you to 8hp @ 8.5k rpm with reliability when properly set up.

> Ben Whittle Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Five second google.

>

> https://www.doscycles.com/products/motobecane-malossi-av7-70cc-reed-kit?variant=13938804548

Re: I'm a french virgin

I rode my 50cc stock av7 cyl with the cyl reed and porting today.

It's great fun, so much better then piston port.

A 70cc cyl reed with real porting would be a beast on a moby.

Re: I'm a french virgin

Terbo Speghetti /

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That is a AV14 cylinder that will fit the AV7 carter nicely. Jean

> Bidalot developed the AV14 cylinder and head setup for a high output

> motor. The Malossi kit is the catalyst that will get you to 8hp @ 8.5k

> rpm with reliability when properly set up.

>

> > Ben Whittle Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Five second google.

>

> >

>

> >

> https://www.doscycles.com/products/motobecane-malossi-av7-70cc-reed-kit?variant=13938804548

Those fins won't fit where i need em to go, sadly. And I'd need a weird custom exhaust. Tryna do more of a stock-mod thing anyway. Bike is too sketchy to go real big

Re: I'm a french virgin

Well anyone else wanting to go big all you need is the Bidalot adapter for M38x150 / M32x150 and use the Moby aftermarket pipe of your choice...

> Terbo Speghetti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Those fins won't fit where i need em to go, sadly. And I'd need a weird

> custom exhaust. Tryna do more of a stock-mod thing anyway. Bike is too

> sketchy to go real big

> https://www.doscycles.com/products/motobecane-malossi-av7-70cc-reed-kit?variant=13938804548

>

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account