Morini s5/s6 crank in m1/m01

Terbo Speghetti /

Has it been done? Looks like it's possible on paper, same crank bearings, same stroke, same wrist pin. And the s5/6 are full circle so they'd be a nice upgrade as far as crankcase stuffing goes.

Re: Morini s5/s6 crank in m1/m01

Is the width from bearing seat to bearing seat the same? Seems like you would need to find someone that has one handy to take a few measurements. (edited)

todd amundson /

It doesn't fit and is way stupid. To much work. I have three of them. Three

Now try it.

Terbo Speghetti /

Lol. Lemme get one of those cranks and maybe i will haha. Where did you run into the most issues? Clutch stuff? Or are all the lateral dimensions just way different?

todd amundson /

S6C is 58mm between bearing seats in case. It’s different than the S5 crank which is tapered at both ends.

S6 cases

E13C61ED-248A-4C60-8E20-ECBE797E43D4.jpeg
0CA1B8CA-0D77-42F6-B95E-508792565AE3.jpeg

S5 crankshaft

2543E50E-16F8-4B46-ABFF-1855705059BA.png

isnt the conrod length pretty different too? like same stroke but different spacing

Terbo Speghetti /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> isnt the conrod length pretty different too? like same stroke but

> different spacing

Could be, but if everything else fits that shouldn't matter. If there was interference I'm sure you could modify your skirt to get around it.

Edit:

Yeah now that i think about it again, it might have a longer con rod. I planned to machine the cases anyway, guess I've got a whole new reason/thing to measure. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account