Re: track tires - slicks, semi slicks..

Graham Motzing /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

we ran the k56's on the CB160's and a guy we raced with swore that putting a tire warmer on it and heating it up made it work better. he said the bikes don't go fast enough or weigh enough to put heat in the tires on its own but if you give it a head start and soften it up, it will stay hot and work damn near as good as a real slick

i never invested in tire warmers but chris was way faster than me so i'd believe it.

also gotta remember that getting them hot like that kills them, they can really only do about 4-6 heat cycles before they glaze up. if you keep the warmers on all day that only counts as 1 cycle, but for moped racing where people aren't used to buying a new set of tires every weekend (or several) only getting 1 weekend out of a set of tires might be kinda spendy

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account