Metrokit mk3 hole

Ok there is a video out describing how to take apart a metrokit exhaust to derestrict it by removing the inner pipe. Most people recommend leaving an inch of the inner pipe so it would stay in place while welding. The problem is some sort of drain hole is cut in the bottom of the inner pipe at exactly 1 inch.

My question is do I leave the drain hole or do I cut that off.

Re: Metrokit mk3 hole

I watched that I don't believe you mentioned where to cut the inner pipe (the dick)

just leave like an inch, as long as you can get a good weld on it to put it back together you'll be good to go

But an inch is exactly where the drain hole is. It also allows the exhaust to go downwards too instead of straight out the back so I'm not sure if that is good or not.

Ok just so noone gets confused.. the black outer pipe is to the left

The inner pipe is to the right.

Now from the drain hole where should I cut the pipe? To the right of the hole I marked a spot but I'm not sure if that's a good location because of a possible drain hole restriction

15743958229102974864278003606366.jpg

Leave a 1/2 inch that should more then plenty to weld with. The shorter the better!

You don’t need that hole, it does nothing! Maybe it’s for unburt oil in the pipe, so It doesn’t puddle up in the expansion chamber

todd amundson /

Fill the hole with weld and cut it wherever the hell you want. I only go in 1/2” when shortening headers.

It seems to me that 'any' protrusion into the expansion chamber would be detrimental to performance .

todd amundson /

Well it feels much better with just the tip in there

> todd amundson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Well it feels much better with just the tip in there

I'd bet it does .

With a foot long pipe inside the chamber , the complete pipe probably isn't much more than a stock exhaust .

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account