Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

Been messing around with a stock av7 jug. Adapted a reed block plate from an old puch treat kit. Don’t know what’s going to happen!? Gotta firgure out the piston next.

Going to leave the exhaust port alone for now (edited)

image.jpg

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

LegitMod.jpg

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

I just have one slight problem. The piston has windows for the transfers? I don’t know if this will effect anything.

I know that a yamaha jog small-end needle bearing will allow to use a 12mm piston. Maybe a puch piston? I dkn

Cuting piston in the next hour..say bye

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rebel Moby Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> I just have one slight problem. The piston has windows for the

> transfers? I don’t know if this will effect anything.

Nope, you good. The cases still have to feed the transfers even with the reed.

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

Hope to get a quick run into nigth

image.jpg
image.jpg

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Hope to get a quick run into nigth

Post results.

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

Making a video of it running. Crazy intake set up right so I have to drill start it. Running very rich on top end (edited)

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

test run

will jet tomorrow

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

What carb you running?

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

MAGIC INDEED

Obviously less hassle than trying to mod the carter for reeds...

carter002vha5.jpg
carter001vyk4.jpg

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What carb you running?

19mm phbg lol. I know its probably over kill, i have a 15mm sha but I don’t have an intake set for it.

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Simmons Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > What carb you running?

>

> 19mm phbg lol. I know its probably over kill, i have a 15mm sha but I

> don’t have an intake set for it.

Not if you tune it right. I ran a 19.5 on a ported stock 1hp Garelli cylinder that I converted to reeds and a gigantor chamber.

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

I did this two years ago.

FB_IMG_15740223766842154.jpg
FB_IMG_15740224016480813.jpg
FB_IMG_15740224543015336.jpg

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

I went from 12-28mph with bearings, seals, gaskets, rings, porting and reed block.

FB_IMG_15740225101466265.jpg
FB_IMG_15740225694620234.jpg
FB_IMG_15740225854248981.jpg

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

Umm it’s not good, going to look into more. It revs really fucking high but goes absolutely no where. Gotta upgrade the transmission.

The transfers and exhaust ports are really low in the cylinder.

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>It revs really fucking high

> but goes absolutely no where. Gotta upgrade the transmission.

Like the belt is slipping? Single speed right? What gearing? 12/44?

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >It revs really fucking high

>

> > but goes absolutely no where. Gotta upgrade the transmission.

>

> Like the belt is slipping? Single speed right? What gearing? 12/44?

Yea belt slip and yup Dimoby

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

You need to put an angle on the boost, it’s probably blowing the charge right out the exhaust. Also hogging it out all the way probably wasn’t the way to fly, I would have done it like Stephens with the smaller single channel and just enough material taken out for the reeds to fit in. (edited)

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You need to put an angle on the boost, it’s probably blowing the charge

> right out the exhaust. Also hogging it out all the way probably wasn’t

> the way to fly, I would have done it like Stephens with the smaller

> single channel and just enough material taken out for the reeds to fit

> in.

I will probably be buying a kit soon lol

image.jpg

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Daniel '' Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You need to put an angle on the boost, it’s probably blowing the

> charge

>

> > right out the exhaust. Also hogging it out all the way probably wasn’t

>

> > the way to fly, I would have done it like Stephens with the smaller

>

> > single channel and just enough material taken out for the reeds to fit

>

> > in.

>

> I will probably be buying a kit soon lol

How high did you raise the exhaust? You can go wide but not over 2mm high before bottom end starts to suffer? I might have a few stock cylinders laying around and a bolt on av7 reed block if you really want to play with the idea

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Daniel '' Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > You need to put an angle on the boost, it’s probably blowing the

>

> > charge

>

> >

>

> > > right out the exhaust. Also hogging it out all the way probably

> wasn’t

>

> >

>

> > > the way to fly, I would have done it like Stephens with the smaller

>

> >

>

> > > single channel and just enough material taken out for the reeds to

> fit

>

> >

>

> > > in.

>

> >

>

> > I will probably be buying a kit soon lol

>

> How high did you raise the exhaust? You can go wide but not over 2mm

> high before bottom end starts to suffer? I might have a few stock

> cylinders laying around and a bolt on av7 reed block if you really want

> to play with the idea

I just committed to Something very naughty. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352791422434

Say bye to av7 and hello av10! (edited)

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Simmons Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Daniel '' Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > You need to put an angle on the boost, it’s probably blowing the

>

> >

>

> > > charge

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > right out the exhaust. Also hogging it out all the way probably

>

> > wasn’t

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > the way to fly, I would have done it like Stephens with the

> smaller

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > single channel and just enough material taken out for the reeds to

>

> > fit

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > in.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > I will probably be buying a kit soon lol

>

> >

>

> > How high did you raise the exhaust? You can go wide but not over 2mm

>

> > high before bottom end starts to suffer? I might have a few stock

>

> > cylinders laying around and a bolt on av7 reed block if you really

> want

>

> > to play with the idea

>

> I just committed to Something very naughty.

> https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352791422434

>

> Say bye to av7 and hello av10!

NOOOOW you bout to spend some money......

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

> Stephen Simmons Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Stephen Simmons Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Rocco Taco Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > Daniel '' Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > You need to put an angle on the boost, it’s probably blowing the

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > charge

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > right out the exhaust. Also hogging it out all the way probably

>

> >

>

> > > wasn’t

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > the way to fly, I would have done it like Stephens with the

>

> > smaller

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > single channel and just enough material taken out for the reeds

> to

>

> >

>

> > > fit

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > in.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > I will probably be buying a kit soon lol

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > How high did you raise the exhaust? You can go wide but not over 2mm

>

> >

>

> > > high before bottom end starts to suffer? I might have a few stock

>

> >

>

> > > cylinders laying around and a bolt on av7 reed block if you really

>

> > want

>

> >

>

> > > to play with the idea

>

> >

>

> > I just committed to Something very naughty.

>

> >

> https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352791422434

>

> >

>

> > Say bye to av7 and hello av10!

>

> NOOOOW you bout to spend some money......

Yes sir, Let’s do this! Might even snag that gila cylinder. The prices are so good

Re: Av7 stock jug with Malossi 4petal!?

Be careful with those Gila cylinders. Gap your rings right, make sure the ring location pin is deep enough so it doesn't put pressure on the ring gap up against the cylinder wall and do the drop test on the Piston at 12,3,6 and 9:00 and make sure the Piston falls all the way through easily. If you fail to do any of this it will seize at stupid low temps and you'll be scratching your head trying to figure out why. Ask me how I know. Ignore any of it and you'll be doing the walk of shame.....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account