metrakit hobbit w/water cooled head?

looking for info on what watercooled heads work with metrakits on hobbits ?

i've seen several but cant find info on what head works

Re: metrakit hobbit w/water cooled head?

Terbo Speghetti /

Several? Where are you shopping? If you just want one that works for metrakit, look for that on treats. If it's 47mm get a puch gila head, if it's 47.6, get the hobbit Athena head.

But also, how much more cooling are you getting for all that extra water and radiator weight? Just food for thought.

Hmmm. Yeah I don't know, my purely air cooled metrakit won't break 330f head temps no matter how hard I ride it. Typically running 260-280f popping around town. I'm all about seeing it happen, just not sure it's needed. Get an hpi and put the heat in the pipeeee.

Terbo Speghetti /

I run a metrakit AC head on a hobbit polini and it's a surprise if i break 300. Just doesn't seem worth all the extra work

Do it and run real hot timing. It'll rip dicks.

> JBOT Admin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do it and run real hot timing. It'll rip dicks.

I second this. Cool it with water and advance the shit out of the timing. Makes for lots of fun.

> Shane Rickert Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > JBOT Admin Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Do it and run real hot timing. It'll rip dicks.

>

> I second this. Cool it with water and advance the shit out of the

> timing. Makes for lots of fun.

sooooo i DID and saw 430* head tempts but the gps clocked me at 69. air cooled : P

wellll im asking becuase my water cooled malossi set up is cool and all... but it's a 55mph ped at it's best. i want that stupid power band and i'd love to hit 70 haha

butttttt i need to keep it cooler. my bike already has all the WC bits on it for the metra kit... i have my engine halves from the last metrakit i did and hard siezed the piston in the cyl. soooo i'd like to do another build, but with a WC head and push that timing. see what i can make happen

appreciate the replies !

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account