Over-revving

Drake Abrahamsson /

I’m not worried that this is currently happening to me however I’d like to know the symptoms/ signs of overrevving, pertaining to a too low gear ratio. I’m just starting to change up gearing. The PO had a 16/35 and I never counted it until late into the rebuild. I’d always thought that the bike had less than optimal torque. After some reading and analyzing, I’m switching to 16/40.

This is an e50 with a treats 70cc piston port kit.

Once again, I don’t think that this is an issue for me, I am just curious! Tried searching a few different things but couldn’t find anything, perhaps I am using the wrong diction

Re: Over-revving

Overpriced Parts /

You got ratio backwards, 16×35 is a higher gearing, ratio, 16x40 is lower gearing ratio,

16-17x40 is fine for piston port kitted e50.

Drake Abrahamsson /

Thank you for the reassurance! What would be a characteristic of a ratio that is too low? Once again, just curious. Hot running? Early bearing wear? Any noises?

Overpriced Parts /

16-17x40 is fine, overheating can be a timing/tuning issue and bearing noise and such shouldn't be an issue if you did a rebuild with a needle bearing crank,

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account