V1s With Puch Kits. How Are We Doing?

How are people finding their Puch'ed V1s? Do we like them better than Polinis and BRNs? What have been your favorite Puch kits to run on V1s? How long have they continued to work for you? Are you finding that the seal ok in the short and long term?

Re: V1s With Puch Kits. How Are We Doing?

This not exactly a V1, but close, I guess. 70cc TCCD for the mockup.

IMG_20191021_215852985.jpg

They are no better then normal kitted v1's, in every reguard

Do they seal up? Yes if you build them properly

how do they hold up? Well if you properly bore out the stud spacing rather then just jamming the cylinder on

Are they better? In short? No, however they do fill a gap the v1 (not so much the v1l) is lacking? Yes

the thing is v1 kits are all or nothing, the "80" Polini is really 73cc's, still big, but it has the exhaust stud spacing of a stock cylinder, limiting your exhaust options, kinda, this can be changed with some welding, or a dremel, but ya. The BRN/Parma "80"'s are 76cc, the Param stupidly has the small exhaust, but the BRN can run Puch/Tomo exhausts but takes a bit more skill to install properly

you know all this, so where does that leave Puch kits? Well it gives you a sub 70cc option, first off running 45mm kits is not a great idea, the thin skirt can have issues hitting the spacer and bending, but 44mm kits? now your in the jam for a nice 60ish cc middle of the road bike, bolt on reed kits to small cc piston port, your best bet is reeds.

so in short, learn the BRN and rip, if you want a "small bore" cylinder then these are a good option, fuck that TCCD, Jared would disagree with me, but hell he seized his motor and destroyed his clutch so take the advice you will

if your just looking for a little more get up and go on that bike, I've got a 55cc Autisa for you...But that's the gap these puch/tomo cylinders fill, small bore, ya they exist but you'll pay more for one then you would a BRN/Polini

I thought the Gilas were superior to the v1 polinis as far as power and rpms, but at a cost of finickyness and clutch issues (that was before I had the trickmetric setup).

> Michael Thomas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I thought the Gilas were superior to the v1 polinis as far as power and

> rpms, but at a cost of finickyness and clutch issues (that was before I

> had the trickmetric setup).

as is yes, cut up your piston a bit and add a 4 petal reed block to a Polini? Then no, the Polini can be every bit as fast as the Gila with out all the tom-fuckery of the spacer

šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹šŸ’¦ Of the Loin /

I've been running several setups since I brought the spacers into this world:

V1 Gilardoni: Literally more bulletproof than the Polini. I've ran a Seattle ride with no exhaust pipe, one of mine got stolen and abandoned for months, rips hard, no maintainence.

Ran one on Bakers Dozen this year, had other fuckery with my pipe but it was again rock solid, so much more torque available than the polini.

Caveats: They love Circuit pipes (I think all V1s do). Red springs are too much, stock clutch with blue springs is the secret sauce. Can do mid 50s with 11x40 gearing easy. Really really need the HPI though to take full advantage.

Yeah you need to grind the piston so that the skirts are even, I don't know what this does holistically, but it makes it very stable.

V1 Airsal 74cc (big port): This is the fucking TITS on this setup. I run mine with Points + old school loud AF Banana Blaster pipe. VM22 with custom intake to handle the frame. Blue springs again, but running like a 12x46 gearing.

Airsal is un-matched in torque, I can beat a variated bike up a hill if I hit the pipe just right. This setup will inevitably eat my springs but holding strong after a rebuild.

Same with the airsal, you need to "even" out the piston skirt.

The most important part for me, personally, is that you take a 9/16ths drill bit and run it square down the center of each cylinder stud hole, this will allow the cylinder to drift enough to properly align on the V1 stud spacing.

All of this thread is true, Especially that the euro kit will blow the doors off any v1 kit. I want to do a minarelli vertical cylinder, Iā€™m pretty sure the fan cover lines up with a little hacking.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> All of this thread is true, Especially that the euro kit will blow the

> doors off any v1 kit. I want to do a minarelli vertical cylinder, Iā€™m

> pretty sure the fan cover lines up with a little hacking.

I have a vertical minarelli kit on a v1. You can use the stock fan cover with mild adjustment. Clutch eater but incredibly fast.

Oh I wanna see pics! How thick was your spacer and cylinder kit did you use?

Teehee, I hope you mean 9/32"!

Look! It's a Tom Cruiser!!

Good questions. I actually am not positive. I haven't pulled the bike out in some time. I bought it already built from a seller in Italy. I had the top end off a while ago. I THINK it was an Athena. It kicks ass though.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Oh I wanna see pics! How thick was your spacer and cylinder kit did you

> use?

DSC_08011.JPG
DSC_01401.JPG
DSC_0799.JPG

So sick. Thanks Blake!!

šŸ‡®šŸ‡¹šŸ’¦ Of the Loin /

I forgot how to fraction a long time ago

my life is metricc

but yeah it starts with a 9, probably 32?

> Michael Thomas Wrote:

> Teehee, I hope you mean 9/32"!

« Go to Topics ā€” end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account