Re: V1s With Puch Kits. How Are We Doing?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've been running several setups since I brought the spacers into this world:

V1 Gilardoni: Literally more bulletproof than the Polini. I've ran a Seattle ride with no exhaust pipe, one of mine got stolen and abandoned for months, rips hard, no maintainence.

Ran one on Bakers Dozen this year, had other fuckery with my pipe but it was again rock solid, so much more torque available than the polini.

Caveats: They love Circuit pipes (I think all V1s do). Red springs are too much, stock clutch with blue springs is the secret sauce. Can do mid 50s with 11x40 gearing easy. Really really need the HPI though to take full advantage.

Yeah you need to grind the piston so that the skirts are even, I don't know what this does holistically, but it makes it very stable.

V1 Airsal 74cc (big port): This is the fucking TITS on this setup. I run mine with Points + old school loud AF Banana Blaster pipe. VM22 with custom intake to handle the frame. Blue springs again, but running like a 12x46 gearing.

Airsal is un-matched in torque, I can beat a variated bike up a hill if I hit the pipe just right. This setup will inevitably eat my springs but holding strong after a rebuild.

Same with the airsal, you need to "even" out the piston skirt.

The most important part for me, personally, is that you take a 9/16ths drill bit and run it square down the center of each cylinder stud hole, this will allow the cylinder to drift enough to properly align on the V1 stud spacing.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account