So I swapped the coil to Bosch one from my Sachs stater. No change. But it was sparking and now there's fancy German parts instead of Taiwan parts.
The compression felt kinda poopy so I pulled the motor to check it out. There was a small smear on the piston but it was nothing I would worry about. The ring looked ok and the gap was actually slightly larger than the recommended gap but good enough.
There was spooge everywhere. In all the stud holes. The head gasket was definitely leaking slightly.
I sanded the head and jug flat and used copper spray for a head gasket. Compression went from 120 or whatever to 155. Hell yeah.
I try to start. Still broke. Points are still arcing. I adjust them. No dice no start.
I touch the condenser and get shocked. Hm that's not normal. I poke it with a screwdriver a bit and it starts right up and is fine.
My solder joint was shit. Ha.
C'est la vie.