I messed with the variator a bit. I put a 1/32" thick piece of PTFE under where the arms push. I'm not sure how long it will last, I assume it will deform/compress fairly quickly. It is super slippery though and I can push the launch lever down all the time now since it doesn't get jammed. Get a lil bit extra variation out of it. Next time I open it up, I'll see how it's doing. Might switch to a harder delrin shim.
I lightened the weights too. They are 25 grams each initially. I just chopped off even amounts which I think was too much for my "pipe" setup and lowered them to 16 grams each.
Also put the old set of ebrs on it. Had to swap the lower tree from my Vespa with the magnum length one that was on the forks. The ol switcheroo. At least both have proper length tubes now and I have a ton of leftover spacers lol. Still need to graft the fender and speedo stuff over.
Also, after i modified the variator, the circlip on the spring fell off at some point. im not sure how long i rode it around like that. it was all jacked up but it was still working lol. I put another spring inside the polini spring while i had it apart and put a nice aluminium shaft collar on the end so it should be good now. no more goating at least, but honestly im not sure if it variates all the way with all that.
I've only ridden it home and to the corner store. It definitely feels better.I ordered the stuff to try and mount the pipe. (edited)