M1 Gila Kit

Anyone have a picture of how much you gotta bore out the case on a pre 85 engine?

Im thinking about ordering the kit during this spooky treats sale, but dont know how much work itll be.

Re: M1 Gila Kit

Dirty30 Dillon /

The dia. of the cases needs to be opened on the pre-85 units, just like running a Gila on a maxi or a 46mm kit on vespas

Ive read that but I wanna know how much, do the ports need to be opened up or just where the cylinder sleeve inserts into the case?

Dirty30 Dillon /

The cylinder skirt opening will need to opened by a few mm in dia.

The transfers should also be matched as they are not stock-sized

Terbo Speghetti /

You have to split the cases to do it right unless you've got some extra nice tooling. And you kinda have to

Or if you're a total brute you can just do the neatest job of dremeling you can to open it up in an hour. If you decide to walk on the wild side, fill the crankcase with play doh or something similar and keep checking with the cylinder skirt all the time. You don't wanna go too far.

Terbo Speghetti /

But also it's not unheard of that a pre-85 engine didn't need boring even though it should have. Maybe you'll get lucky...

Yeah I didnt want to split it, I might just go with the polini since it says that there is no boring required, even though its 110 bucks more :(

Once you split the cases, it should take only a matter of minutes with a flap wheel to bore it. You will also have to match the transfers with the Gila. However, in my experience, the Gila, although fun AF, does not have a reputation as being a long-lasting kit. Polini is overpriced for what it is. If you want a good value, long-lasting kit, go for the Airsal (requires boring) or the 42mm Eurocilindro (Dos has them).

Does the Euroclilindro need boring? I was also looking at that one.

Why does the Gila not last???

> . Chudas. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Does the Euroclilindro need boring? I was also looking at that one.

>

> Why does the Gila not last???

Yes they do. At least on the m04 they do.

The gila are fucking great but you HAVE to get your ring gap right or you you will definitely seize it. You will only be at 300 degrees and very confused. Do some porting (transfer flow, intake port, piston window) and they are monsters. I was pulling a very quick 54 with 13x35 gearing, vm18, and hacked estoril.

The airsal has the most longevity out of the box, but they are slowwwwwww in comparison

That would make sense, I always check the ring gap when i get new ones, opening them up a little more than required would solve that issue no? it would lose a bit of power but that outweighs seizing it.

My goal is a quick 40mphs, which means i cant get a tiny sprocket as I despise slow take offs.

I pull dicks off the line at 13x35. If i went to 13x40 it would probably pull up the heavy ass dirt bike front end on my pacer

Man i want a new front end, everytime I hit a dip i bottom the forks out.

Do you still run the stock rear shocks?

Nah i got gassies on her

20190519_145056.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account