Puch Maxi 70cc not reaching full potential

recently purchased a Puch maxi za50 that I thought was a 50cc. Turns out it has been upgraded to a 70cc and isn’t reaching its potential. It tops out at around 31mph. You can feel her wanting to go faster but it just isn’t happening.

70cc with (what I’m guessing) hi compression head

Techno performance exhaust

68 jet

The needle is set one up from the bottom as all other settings weren’t performing well

14bing

I believe 21,45 gearing

Hi flow air filter

Those are the things I know about her!

Any advice as to how to get better speed is much appreciated. I am new to this world so be nice ;)

There is a slight air leak on the head but that will hopefully be fixed this week with gasket.* Moved to this forum by simon

Re: Puch Maxi 70cc not reaching full potential

Overpriced Parts /

It could be a restricted internal gear za50 that has a 13 tooth clutch bell,

I run 21x35 on 2 hp gearing and 21x (31tooth custom made rear sprocket) on 1 hp,

Ya 14 bing, 70cc kit with performance exhaust is 45-50mph, Shame you aren’t closer, in an afternoon I could tune your bike Primo cause I have a 1.2 mile private tuning road,

Which works for cars too,

It's got a late model Athena kit. Was running a 12mm bing we installed a 14.

After taking some time to squeeze out any air leaks, are planning on downjetting to a 62 or 60, right now it likes to run better without the air filter.

At around 4k ft elevation,

70cc piston port Athena kit

Circuit pipe

14 bing

any estimates on jet size?

Who else is running an Athena on a ZA50?

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It could be a restricted internal gear za50 that has a 13 tooth clutch

> bell,

>

I don’t exactly know what that means but I can google. If this is the reason, what can be done?

Does it rev up like a motherfucker at full throttle, Or does it sound like a stock bike? Might just needing some timming but yea if it’s the slow za50 version then Yea it’s just slow.

60 it’s super fucking low, you should atleast be in the 70 range.What head does it have?

Take pics we like pics baby

We are guessing it’s the $30 hi compression head from treats. How will I know if it’s the slow ZA!!! Went for a ride last night and my friends speedometer app said I reached 41, but I’m sure that’s plus or minus some amount.

I’ll order some jets in the 70s and see how that goes.

I have no idea what a stock bike sounds like!

83412939-AB48-4FDD-9E97-A151A34FAC3B.jpeg
279038ED-0768-49ED-A6A9-C6E69AEEC428.jpeg

> Rekka M Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It tops

> out at around 31mph.

> Rekka M Wrote:

> Went for a ride last night and my friends

> speedometer app said I reached 41,

so is it 31, or 41?

It definitely hit 41mph with some air leaks and a 68 jet. Plug is darker than expected, that's why I was thinking of down jetting when we get the leaks fixed.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account